By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Another Mario/Zelda Game" Rehash, Rehash, Rehash? Well Lets See About That...

the_dengle said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well thats because the reason the person bought the game was cause of the Story, specially in MGS (considering GZ won't be avaliable in the main game)... And the reason as to why the person wouldn't play it is cause the person is not interested in the rest of the things and he/she has other games to play. And Youtube does not give you the same experience, Not only is the audio and video compressed but every game is better if you experience it yourself from start to "Finish".

As for Mario games, the reason why they are so good is that if you don't care about the optional stuff, you can still get great value out of them and this is speically true of the 3d Mario games. Mario games in general make sure that everyone thats playing has an very enjoyable experience for a great length of time while rewarding the people that put the time and effort into doing optional and extra things like it should be. Sure, Optional content has value but they should be added value instead of be the thing that people do in order to justify their purchase.

And yea, I just remembered that loll but still, thats not really the "main story," thats just a little bonus thing for the people that are trollish enough to wait and see what happens.

But Metal Gear Solid's gameplay stands on its own even without a story excuse to drive you from point A to point B. Hell, the reason I don't care for the series myself is because I feel the story is too intrusive and I would rather just play the game. I would say that if you don't want to continue playing the game after seeing the story despite the presence of additional content should you choose to pursue it, then maybe you don't really like playing MGS at all. My metric for how much I like a game pretty much boils down to the quesetion "would I play it again?" (or continue playing after seeing the credits if I'm reluctant to start over). If the answer is 'no', I can't have enjoyed it very much.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Yea but that goes the same for many games too but again, they still offer a full length story as well as additional/optional content. And its not really whether or not I want to replay the game after the end credits but rather would I rather have more fun playing another game with its new and extensive story or playing online multiplayer in another game instead of going through the same levels once again in the same game. If I enjoyed the game enough, maybe sometime in the distant future, I will replay the game just for nostalgia purposes but apart from that, I really couldn't care less. And to me, I do think its of little value almost to the point of being lazy and cash grabbing when a company does something like what they did with MGS V GZ.

And obviously that and along with every other posts I have made are my opinion too unless I provide some factual evidence loll. (And yes, I love my commas! I personally blame my Highschool teachers for letting me get away with this shit)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Microwave them

To be perefctly honest, I only hear people complain about Mario being a rehash..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Yeah i am killing the game industry with Mario and Zelda... and I am loving it!

And you know why i am loving it because Mario and Zelda created the game industry as we know it.... and it is in their right to kill it whenever they feel like!

Switch!!!

Playing the devil's advocate here, The games listed on the left are only a very small percentage of the total number of titles available on non-Nintendo platforms, versus the right side lists pretty much every major Nintendo franchise/ the ones that get the most attention. When people use this argument, they're pointing out the fact that non-Nintendo consoles receive far more new IP's that are not available on Nintendo platforms, whereas Nintendo does very few new IP's (and when they do, they tend to get forgotten pretty quickly).

This picture, while true, completely misses the point of the whole criticism.

Also, why is Sonic being listed on the left when it's clearly become a mostly Nintendo franchise as of late? Nintendo fans shouldn't try and throw it under the bus when they were all about it until the last two (that happened to be Nintendo exclusives) sucked major ass.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

Haha. That was fun.

Anyway, people who always complain about Nintendo using the same IPs several times are the same who always play every damn yearly iteration of Fifa, PES, CoD, AC.

Rogerioandrade said:
Haha. That was fun.

Anyway, people who always complain about Nintendo using the same IPs several times are the same who always play every damn yearly iteration of Fifa, PES, CoD, AC.

What do you want, delusional fanboys are what they are!

Essa aí doeu meu irmão, acho que para o ano ainda vai dar para ver a faísca saindo, hehehe, abraço!

Do the Bender! Do the Bender! Do the Bender! Whooooooooooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Game_God said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Haha. That was fun.

What do you want, delusional fanboys are what they are!

Essa aí doeu meu irmão, acho que para o ano ainda vai dar para ver a faísca saindo, hehehe, abraço!

Do the Bender! Do the Bender! Do the Bender! Whooooooooooo!

LOL hehehehe.

You know, nothing wrong with being a fan of specific brands or franchises, but fanatism (fanboyism) is really annoying. As a videogame fan, I think that this kind of attitude is bad for the industry.

Eu tenho fugido dessas faíscas. Não tem nada mais chato que discussão entre "istas". heheheheh. grande abraço,

AZWification said:

To be perefctly honest, I only hear people complain about Mario being a rehash..

And ironically that is probably one of the franchises where Nintendo changes up the gameplay the most. 

Super Mario Bros. 2 is nothing like Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World 2 is nothing like Super Mario World, Super Mario Sunshine is nothing like Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy is nothing like Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 3D World is nothing like Super Mario Galaxy. 

The only games Nintendo rehashes are the New Super Mario Bros. series and Pokémon. 

People claiming Zelda games are rehashes have clearly never played A Link between Worlds. And that game started out as a remake! But the puzzles were so clever and new to the series and the whole game was non-linear. 

Rogerioandrade said:

LOL hehehehe.

You know, nothing wrong with being a fan of specific brands or franchises, but fanatism (fanboyism) is really annoying. As a videogame fan, I think that this kind of attitude is bad for the industry.

Eu tenho fugido dessas faíscas. Não tem nada mais chato que discussão entre "istas". heheheheh. grande abraço,

I think all franchises on both sides there have their fanbases. I want to see more sequels of the games I enjoy as every fan wants to see more sequels of the games he enjoys. When nobody wants a franchise anymore, the game won't sell and the franchise will die naturally.

It's selfish to say "I hate Mario, stop making Mario games and screw anyone who likes it" or "I hate Gran Turismo, stop with that and the fanbase can go find another hobby".

E essas discussões realmente já passarm do limite a muito tempo, tudo é recebido com muita negatividade. Um abraço!