By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Another Mario/Zelda Game" Rehash, Rehash, Rehash? Well Lets See About That...

KLXVER said:
Materia-Blade said:
phaedruss said:
Lol this is stupid. You have to include all of the mario games and spinoffs and all of the zelda games and zelda spinoffs etc. Mario Kart is a mario spinoff for example.

mario kart isn't a spin off, it's a franchise.

Nope. Same game.

I was playing Super Mario Galaxy and I loved every minute of it. Then I went to play one of the sequels, Mario Tennis Open on the 3DS. It was nothing like Galaxy at all. Just Tennis. I mean WTF Nintendo?

Mario Kart is as much a spin off as mario tennis or olympics or paper mario or golf or rpg, etc. etc.

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
I want another F-Zero rehash!

I hear you bro... Can't complain though, as I will finally get my long due Starfox rehash ;P

meanwhile... Do the Bender! Do the Bender! Do the Bender! Whoooooooooooo!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

NightDragon83 said:
Christ, has there really been 30 Sonic platformers and 35 Castlevania titles???

Well if Dreamcast was survive, and  dreamcast 3 competing along with PS4 in the alternate Universe you might also seen  Sonic for the 30 times in video games. LOl

Preaching to the choir man.

We all know this to be true, but the ignorance is just the standard for the gaming industry these days.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Theres a whole lot of cherry picking and one sided allowance going on in those stats.

Rereleased sonic 3 on a new platform? New game! Pokemon silver and gold counted as seperate? Screw you!"

Around the Network

Using the same iconic characters is not going to create an issue. Failing to innovate in gameplay would be a horrible mistake if nintendo ever considered doing that.

Lol calling Mega Man a rehash is a sin, back in the NES days I could see your logic of calling it a rehash, with one game coming out every year, but nowadays Capcom barely acknowledges its existence

I like Nintendo but they do rehash an awful lot. All those games you mentioned get a LOT more hate for rehashing. Now is that gonna stop me from buying either? Of course not they're just as fun. I mean what worked before will work again obviously and both usually refine very nicely. Nintendo just comes out with one a gen for most games in order to avoid that criticism and make sure no one gets exhausted. It's a very wise business move.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Now that I read it more carefully... I actually think some of the games on the left shouldn't be there... Why wouldn't you want to play a new installment for a new GTA or MGS? Those are legit, great games... Granted MGS GZ is terrible value but its still a fun demo

I get that the point is the whole # of games in series but I feel like it would have been more cleaver to only include "bad" games

That really depends on how you want to play it, Kojima made sure their was enough content for us fans. Ive played it for like 15 hours now in missions.

ktay95 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Now that I read it more carefully... I actually think some of the games on the left shouldn't be there... Why wouldn't you want to play a new installment for a new GTA or MGS? Those are legit, great games... Granted MGS GZ is terrible value but its still a fun demo

I get that the point is the whole # of games in series but I feel like it would have been more cleaver to only include "bad" games

That really depends on how you want to play it, Kojima made sure their was enough content for us fans. Ive played it for like 15 hours now in missions.

I get what your saying but I feel like you can do that in most games anyway and most game's main story that cost $30 does not end in less than an hour... Heck, Bravely Default Demo, as an example, had plently of content that would keep you busy for serveral hours and it was free like how GZ should have been imo. Sure, there are things here and there but come on, that price is just nuts. At max, it should have been $10

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850