By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats the one game that should be in everyones top10 list ?

good pick ?

yes 42 53.85%

no 19 24.36%

heres mine 17 21.79%

Total:78

There is literally no single game that should or would be on EVERYONE'S top ten list. 90% of the games everyone is suggesting aren't games I care about. Not everyone has overlap in their tastes; the spectrum is very large.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger anyone?

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

This is a Hard call, since everyone have a different taste.

But it would be damm hard to find a list without at least one of the games of the series below:

Super Mario Bros
Legend of Zelda
GTA

Each of this games are the pinnacle of their genre.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Super Mario Galaxy is the only correct answer..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ssliasil said:

Oh man...i've made NUMEROUS levels in LBP2.  Unfortunately I never managed to publish any major things in LBP2 because I had too many projects going on at the same time.  All extremely logic heavy lol...My 60GB launch PS3 died 1.5 years ago with all of my LBP2 progress on it:(  I lost everything which hurt a bit  lol...but things I created but never published were...

1.)  A Scribblenauts remake.  I set it up with a custom HUD and corresponding super logic where you could type in words and spawn certain things up to 6 letters in length...Before my PS3 crashed I had about 130 items that could be spawned if the correct word/object/action was type in such as...

---A.) Make it Rain, Snow, Sunny, foggy, Meteors

---B.)  Summon basic objects such as a Cube, a Ball,  and many more

---C.) I even set it up where typing FF7 would summon random FF7 characters everytime you hit ths spawn button

There were a lot of things like that, and every thing you summoned would help you (or hurt you) solve puzzles in specially designed levels.  This was one of my favorite projects, you wouldnt believe how much logic and time was required getting everythign to work properly lol.   Only a few people got to experience what I had completed before my PS3 HD burned out though :((((((((  that hurt.

2.)  I made a system that worked Similarly to the Civilization Games as well where you would have your city, which would spawn combat units when you had enough "points" to spend.  It was really bland but had potential, but never got around to finishing it naturally.  The top down system worked realy well as a World Map for RPG games I was designing as well.

3.)  I was also working on an MMO with a working save system and random drop system where every type of enemy had a random drop table for combat items.  I got REALLY REALLY far on the project, but again lost everything :(  It was my absolute best piece of work by far. 

The Save system I built, allowed players to leave the game and come back without losing any progress on their character.  The way it worked was...The player would chose their starting Class and Race and would receive a sticker corresponding to their choice. (I had 4 races and 5 classes, ill explain how it worked below)......

For every new game area or "Zone" they visited, they would receive an additional Sticker for that area, the same for each piece of combat gear and other in game items.

Everytime the player would enter the game from their pod, they would be dropped into a small Hub Level where they would chose the game area they would like to visit by placing the corresponding sticker on a portal pad.   With this system, they could only teleport to locations they had previously visited, or gained rigths to visit by playing the game.  This way new players couldnt just teleport to end game areas, they would have to play the game like they would any other MMO/RPG to see the world. 

The game had a built in inventory system, so when you entered a new area, you would open your inventory and place the items you aquired in the correct space va the sticker system again.

But yeah, sorry about getting so into that lol.  That was my favorite project by far! 

Oh man, I feel for you. That sucks. Those are some grate ideas.

I've lost many things too, due to hdd crashes in the past. I made a fully working 4D tetris, visualized by 6 top down 3D views, representing 6 slices out of the 10x6x6x6 play area. I  actually got the feel a bit for rotating 4 dimensional objects in place. I also made the framework for 1830 series boardgames as a pc game, and earlier a map/scenario editor for Dune 2. All lost in HDD crash.

Even earlier games I made are gone too. Were saved on casette tapes for MSX. Including a vertical scrolling schmup. At least it's a lot easier nowadays to whip something up in LBP. The only way to make animated sprites on MSX was drawing the animation out on graph paper and converting each frame to hex codes.

I stuffed a lot of logic in LBP too for the Zelda inspired puzzles. Too bad it comes after some pretty challenging puzzle platforming so most people never get that far, oops. It was all made in the first LBP, seeing all the logic operators etc in LBP3 I can probably delete 95% of all the machinery I made to make the level run. I left a back door at the end so you can walk through all the machinery. It was fun optimizing the logic circuits to prevent the thermometer from overloading.

I can imagine how much work spawning 130 different items must have been. Ugh. Anyway don't give up, I eventually got back to making things too. For now it's just rocket cars with my kids though. Gotto teach the next generation :)

Around the Network

Well all Blizzard games win. I will always buy Blizzard as long as they deliver good games.

AZWification said:

Super Mario Galaxy is the only correct answer..

I played that game for 10 minutes and returned it.  Could not get into it at all.

A game of Tic-Tac-Toe. A game of checkers, and a game of cards. Not video games but lots if not all have played them. Pinball machines and bowling are my faves.

Super Mario Bros.
Mike Tysons Punch Out
Mario Kart
Duck Hunt
Track and Field
Excite Bike

Final Fantasy VII

its the best game ever made. it even says so on the box.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Pac-Man