By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats the one game that should be in everyones top10 list ?

good pick ?

yes 42 53.85%

no 19 24.36%

heres mine 17 21.79%

Total:78
SvennoJ said:
Ssliasil said:
It really depends on WHEN you played certain games.

For instance, If you played EverQuest back in 1999, you would probably consider that game to be in your top 3 easily...It being the first fully realized 3D Massively Multiplayer Online Game with a dynamic world.

For Me, I would have to go with Little Big Planet 2....probably because im a creative person and that was Easily in my top 3 of all time.

Everquest is my nr 1 game of all time, yet it's definitely not for everybody. Dark souls is a walk in the park compared to Everquest.
ICO is in my top 3, great experience.

Did you publish any levels? Would love to try them. I've only published one big level. http://lbp.me/v/p8e7b0 It still works great in LBP3.

Oh man...i've made NUMEROUS levels in LBP2.  Unfortunately I never managed to publish any major things in LBP2 because I had too many projects going on at the same time.  All extremely logic heavy lol...My 60GB launch PS3 died 1.5 years ago with all of my LBP2 progress on it:(  I lost everything which hurt a bit  lol...but things I created but never published were...

1.)  A Scribblenauts remake.  I set it up with a custom HUD and corresponding super logic where you could type in words and spawn certain things up to 6 letters in length...Before my PS3 crashed I had about 130 items that could be spawned if the correct word/object/action was type in such as...

---A.) Make it Rain, Snow, Sunny, foggy, Meteors

---B.)  Summon basic objects such as a Cube, a Ball,  and many more

---C.) I even set it up where typing FF7 would summon random FF7 characters everytime you hit ths spawn button

There were a lot of things like that, and every thing you summoned would help you (or hurt you) solve puzzles in specially designed levels.  This was one of my favorite projects, you wouldnt believe how much logic and time was required getting everythign to work properly lol.   Only a few people got to experience what I had completed before my PS3 HD burned out though :((((((((  that hurt.

2.)  I made a system that worked Similarly to the Civilization Games as well where you would have your city, which would spawn combat units when you had enough "points" to spend.  It was really bland but had potential, but never got around to finishing it naturally.  The top down system worked realy well as a World Map for RPG games I was designing as well.

3.)  I was also working on an MMO with a working save system and random drop system where every type of enemy had a random drop table for combat items.  I got REALLY REALLY far on the project, but again lost everything :(  It was my absolute best piece of work by far. 

The Save system I built, allowed players to leave the game and come back without losing any progress on their character.  The way it worked was...The player would chose their starting Class and Race and would receive a sticker corresponding to their choice. (I had 4 races and 5 classes, ill explain how it worked below)......

For every new game area or "Zone" they visited, they would receive an additional Sticker for that area, the same for each piece of combat gear and other in game items.

Everytime the player would enter the game from their pod, they would be dropped into a small Hub Level where they would chose the game area they would like to visit by placing the corresponding sticker on a portal pad.   With this system, they could only teleport to locations they had previously visited, or gained rigths to visit by playing the game.  This way new players couldnt just teleport to end game areas, they would have to play the game like they would any other MMO/RPG to see the world. 

The game had a built in inventory system, so when you entered a new area, you would open your inventory and place the items you aquired in the correct space va the sticker system again.

But yeah, sorry about getting so into that lol.  That was my favorite project by far! 

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

-_____-
There is no answer, no game has and most likely will ever be created that everyone can agree on being worthy of a spot in the top 10 greatest games of all time... I pressume thats the question going by peoples answers. I mean you never state what top 10 this list is for, so really a game like say OoT could be on here for being in somebodies Top 10 greatest of all time, anothers Top 10 best Zelda games, anothers Top 10 best N64 games, another Top 10 worst N64 games, anothers Top 10 games I havent played that others loved etc.

sundin13 said:
I disagree with almost everyone in this thread...does that make me a bad person?

QFT. But in all seriousness Dark Souls need to be in your top 10.

ktay95 said:
-_____-
There is no answer, no game has and most likely will ever be created that everyone can agree on being worthy of a spot in the top 10 greatest games of all time... I pressume thats the question going by peoples answers. I mean you never state what top 10 this list is for, so really a game like say OoT could be on here for being in somebodies Top 10 greatest of all time, anothers Top 10 best Zelda games, anothers Top 10 best N64 games, another Top 10 worst N64 games, anothers Top 10 games I havent played that others loved etc.

*______*

of course theres no 'real' answer whats wrong with you..everything else you said I cant take seriously,srry

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
ktay95 said:
-_____-

*______*

of course theres no 'real' answer whats wrong with you..everything else you said I cant take seriously,srry

Fine then, my answer is RapeLay

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

It has to be Super Mario Bros.

This is the answer everyone.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Bioshock

ktay95 said:
kljesta64 said:
ktay95 said:
-_____-

*______*

Fine then, my answer is RapeLay

OK,OK I know what you mean but I dont think theres any need to explain further its just a thread and I thought it would be interesting..just one game it doesnt need to be but it can be in your top10 doesnt matter..one game that should be in mine ,yours or someone elses top10 games list of all time.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:

OK,OK I know what you mean but I dont think theres any need to explain further its just a thread and I thought it would be interesting..just one game it doesnt need to be but it can be in your top10 doesnt matter..one game that should be in mine ,yours or someone elses top10 games list of all time.

Sayo no Uta

ktay95 said:
kljesta64 said:

Sayo no Uta

Monster Girl Quest