By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft XBOX One overtakes Nintendo WiiU globally in sales (VGC)

Here in Brazil Microsoft x360 was the number one.  Now Xbox one is number one in sales here.

Around the Network

Not surprising really, everywhere i go, everything i watch, i see an XB1 commercial. Microsoft have been really aggressive in their marketing, and Nintendo?......absolutely nothing :(

RolStoppable said:
Kane1389 said:

You have to at least put some sort of sarcastic snark if you're gonna avoid my point like this. You're not even trying, put some effort into it!

Sorry.r s

So you say you had a point?

Yes I did, as opposed to you. The concept  of Wii U, aiming for both casuals and cores was good in theory, it was only executed poorly

If your next replay is gonna be another snarky attempt, dont bother replying

Finally, now these ignorants maybe can stop spreading bs and ignore the wii u and go fight against each other over nothing.
i am grateful for not being one of those dude bros that bite every trash that release because they got trooled by beauty CGI ads and buy the same trash sport and fps game year after year because their friends got that too.
now excuse that i will go play my "mariobox" a big variety of unique games that these guys will never dream about and some hide gems on that pile of trash that you call "third party support" for my ps4. Enjoy your sales, microscopic graphic differences, downgrades, microtransitions and overpriced dlcs, next 326 fifas cods assassins creed.
I am pretty sure that the gaming industry are enjoying that even more than you

Moderated - Kresnik.

We reap what we sow

Kane1389 said:
RolStoppable said:
Kane1389 said:

You have to at least put some sort of sarcastic snark if you're gonna avoid my point like this. You're not even trying, put some effort into it!

Sorry.r s

So you say you had a point?

Yes I did, as opposed to you. The concept  of Wii U, aiming for both casuals and cores was good in theory, it was only executed poorly

If your next replay is gonna be another snarky attempt, dont bother replying

I don't get how that is the concept though? All the "core" talk from Nintendo in 2012 and 2013 was just that, talk. There is nothing core (and I mean we're talkin about your fratboy core (COD) your casual core (GTA, FIFA) your gamercore (Dark Souls) ect) about the WiiU. The online isn't comparable to PS/XB, the tech isn't there, the image isn't there, the devotion isn't there.

It was all just lip service.

I think Nintendo WANTED it to be a casual core product (but then who doesn't want their product to appeal to everyone?) but yeah ... it's not, not even in concept.

I can see how it should appeal to casuals in concept, but for reasons even that isn't happening.

Around the Network

good for xbox one
but now microsoft fans are going to bash the wii u even more now :(

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Sadly the day has come. I have to say I am surprised. Of course during the last weeks it was pedictable with the growing sales numbers but before that I didn't believe this day would come before 2015. Well done, Microsoft, well done.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

It was bound to happen.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

160rmf said:
Finally, now these ignorants maybe can stop spreading bs and ignore the wii u and go fight against each other over nothing.
i am grateful for not being one of those dude bros that bite every trash that release because they got trooled by beauty CGI ads and buy the same trash sport and fps game year after year because their friends got that too.
now excuse that i will go play my "mariobox" a big variety of unique games that these guys will never dream about and some hide gems on that pile of trash that you call "third party support" for my ps4. Enjoy your sales, microscopic graphic differences, downgrades, microtransitions and overpriced dlcs, next 326 fifas cods assassins creed.
I am pretty sure that the gaming industry are enjoying that even more than you

Never seen such a one sided post!

XB1 and PS4 have a big variety of genres and games too XB1 for instance has KI - Fighter, Zoo Tycoon - Sim, Max, Kalimba, Child of Light, Rayman - Platformers, PVZ Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Halo MCC, Destiny - Shooters, GTAV, Watchdogs, Dead Rising, Sunset Overdrive - Open World, Forza Horizon, Forza 5, The Crew - Racers, Ryse, Tomb Raider - Action, Peggle - Puzzle, Evil Within - Horror,

Ninsect said:

Now positions will never change again this generation. Everything is set in stone

Never say never.