By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft XBOX One overtakes Nintendo WiiU globally in sales (VGC)

This was going to happen sooner or later, it was inevitable.

Around the Network

Happened faster than I thought and pretty impressive considering the launch price and horrible PR. Just goes to show that in the end its all about the games and Wii U is missing major 3rd party games.

Ugh. Welp that seals it. Time to leave this site for good :P

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I don't really remember what my prediction was, maybe I said sometime next month. Good for M$ and XOne.

It will be interesting to see how Nintendo handles the slow WiiU in the next few years, and where it and the XOne land when it's all said and done.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Aaaaand the console race is finally over, the three athletes work is over and the rest of the generation is just going to be replays of the finish line footage.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Kane1389 said:

Yes I did, as opposed to you. The concept  of Wii U, aiming for both casuals and cores was good in theory, it was only executed poorly

If your next replay is gonna be another snarky attempt, dont bother replying

Is it really hard to see that the two sides you talk about will compromise each other no matter what? Therefore the idea cannot be good.

Not really, because it has been achieved before (PS2)

David_Hernandeez said:
And this affects me as a gamer how? Good that is selling ...

You tell me, bro? I'm just the messenger

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Teeqoz said:
Chris Hu said:
McGilliguts said:
Wow, a lot of premature reaction in this thread. Wii u will be back on top of xbone soon enough. The xbone got a nice temporary bump from microsofts fire sale, but that will fizzle out quickly. Come 2015 the xbone will be have weekly sales of less than 50k. Wii u should be ahead again by fall 2015 with redesign, price drop & zelda. Xbone will be gone in two years.

Yeah, that is not going to happen the last time a Nintendo home console got a redesign was the SNES and that didn't help boost sales since it pretty much happened when the generation was already was over.  Also Halo 5 is bigger then all the Wii U exclusives of next year combined.  If any console will be gone in two years its the Wii U not the X1.

That actually seems quite likely. At least in terms of game support. The succesor will come out in 2017, me thinks.

2016. Heard it here first. 

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

FromDK said:
thats pretty insane.. If they dump the price to 150$ they may have a shot at ps4 too..

(and nothing is sure yet.. remember last gen.. all consoles was the best selling at some point.. WiiU can strike back)

There's virtually no chance of that happening. Sorry to burst the bubble

The One and Only

VizionEck.com