By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft XBOX One overtakes Nintendo WiiU globally in sales (VGC)

I'm sure ms is happy they dropped the price. Mission accomplished!

Although I'm sure they could've done it by xmas end anyway.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
OttoniBastos said:

Sure doesnt appear that was your agenda but its no big deal. To say its irrelevant isnt exactly true either.  Again, not being as big as PS in europe doesnt make it irrelevant either.  As an example PS3 sold 33m in europe, 25m X360.    Xbox certainly isnt irrelvant there, but yes US+UK is their biggest markets and we all know this. 

Now Japan, that is a different story

Xbox brand is irrelevant outside USA+UK and this is a historical fact.Like you or not,it's irrelevant.The only reason why Mainland europe outsold japan is because japan is way smaller than all the european countries together,plus it had 1 year alone in the market and better price.

Xone will underperform a lot in comparison with X360 on this countries and if you doubt ask anyone that lives in this countries on Vgchartz.

OttoniBastos said:
JayWood2010 said:

Selling more than 10m (I believe close to 15m) outside of UK makes it irrelevant?  Ok.....There is certain people i usually dont bother with which is why i ignore you most of the time.  I will continue that for now on.

eyeofcore said:

50$ a year for multiplayer paywall, 6 years 300$ so 5 gammes or 10 used/discounted...

XO consumes 5 times electricity than Wii U...

275,5-389$ of electricity bill in 6 years at 4 hours per day at 17-24 cents per kwatt

3-5 more games you could by owning a Wii U...

8-10 more games at 60$ at launch...

I have to admit, electricity usage has never played into a console purchase.  

Also, 4 hours a day, every day?!  That is some intense gaming.

JayWood2010 said:
OttoniBastos said:
JayWood2010 said:

Selling more than 10m (I believe close to 15m) outside of UK makes it irrelevant?  Ok.....There is certain people i usually dont bother with which is why i ignore you most of the time.  I will continue that for now on.

Whatever dude keep ignoring just like mainland europe is doing with Xone.

Around the Network
Seece said:
eyeofcore said:

50$ a year for multiplayer paywall, 6 years 300$ so 5 gammes or 10 used/discounted...

XO consumes 5 times electricity than Wii U...

275,5-389$ of electricity bill in 6 years at 4 hours per day at 17-24 cents per kwatt

3-5 more games you could by owning a Wii U...

8-10 more games at 60$ at launch...

LOL what the ... who even tallies that stuff up ... you think all gamers are on a shoestring budget or something? News flash, most gamers are actually in their 30's (or at least 20's) and have disposable cash.

The Xbox attach rates being so good (along with third party games bulking out the library) suggest Xbox gamers are getting more games/choice and are buying more games than WiiU owners.

That just screams desperation in that post. I was like WHAT really? EVERYTHING in that post just seemed like an attempt to help a personal stance. I wonder where this person was about buying less games when the PS4 sold more software than the Wii U WITH LESS GAMES and the XB1 is on track to do the same. Some people just make me laugh lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Seece said:
McGilliguts said:
Wow, a lot of premature reaction in this thread. Wii u will be back on top of xbone soon enough. The xbone got a nice temporary bump from microsofts fire sale, but that will fizzle out quickly. Come 2015 the xbone will be have weekly sales of less than 50k. Wii u should be ahead again by fall 2015 with redesign, price drop & zelda. Xbone will be gone in two years.

This can't be real?

That kind of writing belongs on The Onion.

My 8th gen collection

OttoniBastos said:
JayWood2010 said:
OttoniBastos said:
JayWood2010 said:

Whatever dude keep ignoring just like mainland europe is doing with Xone.

And that's quite enough of that, wouldn't you say?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Seece said:
McGilliguts said:
Wow, a lot of premature reaction in this thread. Wii u will be back on top of xbone soon enough. The xbone got a nice temporary bump from microsofts fire sale, but that will fizzle out quickly. Come 2015 the xbone will be have weekly sales of less than 50k. Wii u should be ahead again by fall 2015 with redesign, price drop & zelda. Xbone will be gone in two years.

This can't be real?

Another post you beat me too...like seriously where do these people get this stuff from? It is like they forgot that even BEFORE the additional $50 price cut the XB1 was selling more than the Wii U and it just increased with the price cut. And why SOME people not all think Zelda will move some ASTRONOMICAL number of consoles is beyond me. Historically Zelda has NEVER moved more consoles than the Mario games those are the true system sellers for Nin. Now it will move some but not in the numbers some here are hoping. And it is also like they are forgetting that the XB1 gets some big games like Halo next year in the fall and Zelda Sales wise will not come close to Halo in terms of hardware sales and DEFINTELY not software sales.....IMO the Wii U will be gone before the XB1.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Seece said:
McGilliguts said:

This can't be real?

Another post you beat me too...like seriously where do these people get this stuff from? It is like they forgot that even BEFORE the additional $50 price cut the XB1 was selling more than the Wii U and it just increased with the price cut. And why SOME people not all think Zelda will move some ASTRONOMICAL number of consoles is beyond me. Historically Zelda has NEVER moved more consoles than the Mario games those are the true system sellers for Nin. Now it will move some but not in the numbers some here are hoping. And it is also like they are forgetting that the XB1 gets some big games like Halo next year in the fall and Zelda Sales wise will not come close to Halo in terms of hardware sales and DEFINTELY not software sales.....IMO the Wii U will be gone before the XB1.

Without a shadow of a doubt. X360 came out before Wii, Wii outsold it WW, yet 360 is still shipping millions of units yearly and Wii is near discontinuation.