By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft XBOX One overtakes Nintendo WiiU globally in sales (VGC)

Well that happened faster than I thought. Though to be fair last time I actually thought about this the X1 was still $399, the drop to $349 helped speed up the X1 catching the Wii U by at least a few weeks.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Around the Network
Seece said:
McGilliguts said:
Wow, a lot of premature reaction in this thread. Wii u will be back on top of xbone soon enough. The xbone got a nice temporary bump from microsofts fire sale, but that will fizzle out quickly. Come 2015 the xbone will be have weekly sales of less than 50k. Wii u should be ahead again by fall 2015 with redesign, price drop & zelda. Xbone will be gone in two years.

This can't be real?

Lol I don't even know. But we will see next fall.

Praise the One.

OttoniBastos said:
JayWood2010 said:
OttoniBastos said:

My "tyrant" yeasterday wasn't about being undertracked or not

To me it looks like youre talking about undertracked. Looked like your point was to prove it wasnt undertracked because it isnt as big outside of UK Since you're replying to a person who says it is undertracked which that person turned out right i may add.  I also wouldnt doubt if you were in the XBO shipment thread downplaying when people were calling undertracked.  THough i dont feel like searching that up so i could be right or wrong on that, just my assumption

No need for the passive agressive posts either.  No emoticons.  

WhiteEaglePL said:
Wii U doesn't sell, because even when it had Fifa, AC ect..........those games did not sell Millions.
Did not move 100k's of Wii U's.

That's the main problem IMHO.

Nintendo has to retrain Nintendo users to enjoy third party on their console enmasse. This means they need to get on good terms with third party well before their launch.

JayWood2010 said:
OttoniBastos said:
JayWood2010 said:
OttoniBastos said:

My "tyrant" yeasterday wasn't about being undertracked or not

To me it looks like youre talking about undertracked. Looked like your point was to prove it wasnt undertracked because it isnt as big outside of UK Since you're replying to a person who says it is undertracked which that person turned out right i may add.  I also wouldnt doubt if you were in the XBO shipment thread downplaying when people were calling undertracked.  THough i dont feel like searching that up so i could be right or wrong on that, just my assumption

No need for the passive agressive posts either.  No emoticons.  

That wasn't my point.The other guy(don't recall who it was) was saying "oh if Xone is undertracked in UK it must be undertracked elsewhere" which is a flawed logic because Xone is not a PS4.

When PS4 was undertracked in Germany everybody said the same thing,but PS4 is strong as hell on Mainland europe,Xone is irrelevant(then the other guy used USA to try to prove that i was wrong).

That was my point but again it's not my fault if Vgchartz undertracked everybody.

Around the Network

This might be the very first generation where the consoles are accurately stacked by hardware power :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Seece said:
eyeofcore said:
I see people want to buy less games...

How so?

50$ a year for multiplayer paywall, 6 years 300$ so 5 gammes or 10 used/discounted...

XO consumes 5 times electricity than Wii U...

275,5-389$ of electricity bill in 6 years at 4 hours per day at 17-24 cents per kwatt

3-5 more games you could by owning a Wii U...

8-10 more games at 60$ at launch...

OttoniBastos said:

Sure doesnt appear that was your agenda but its no big deal. To say its irrelevant isnt exactly true either.  Again, not being as big as PS in europe doesnt make it irrelevant either.  As an example PS3 sold 33m in europe, 25m X360.    Xbox certainly isnt irrelvant there, but yes US+UK is their biggest markets and we all know this. 

Now Japan, that is a different story

eyeofcore said:
Seece said:
eyeofcore said:
I see people want to buy less games...

How so?

50$ a year for multiplayer paywall, 6 years 300$ so 5 gammes or 10 used/discounted...

XO consumes 5 times electricity than Wii U...

275,5-389$ of electricity bill in 6 years at 4 hours per day at 17-24 cents per kwatt

3-5 more games you could by owning a Wii U...

8-10 more games at 60$ at launch...

LOL what the ... who even tallies that stuff up ... you think all gamers are on a shoestring budget or something? News flash, most gamers are actually in their 30's (or at least 20's) and have disposable cash.

The Xbox attach rates being so good (along with third party games bulking out the library) suggest Xbox gamers are getting more games/choice and are buying more games than WiiU owners.

damn, 2 weeks earlier than i thought.