By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft XBOX One overtakes Nintendo WiiU globally in sales (VGC)

David_Hernandeez said:
And this affects me as a gamer how? Good that is selling ...

You decided to make an account on a sales site. Don't get snarky about being a gamer when threads like this are made.

Around the Network

Wow, a lot of premature reaction in this thread. Wii u will be back on top of xbone soon enough. The xbone got a nice temporary bump from microsofts fire sale, but that will fizzle out quickly. Come 2015 the xbone will be have weekly sales of less than 50k. Wii u should be ahead again by fall 2015 with redesign, price drop & zelda. Xbone will be gone in two years.

Nothing new for us Nintys. Nintendo can't do away with the gamepad, but they should drop the price to $200. They also can't drop the console for another couple years or else they would lose us because of the burn. But I honestly do not see any really good multiplat games. I know people love them to death but I just don't understand it. Good multiplats are rare these days, not the norm.

Sooner then we expect, but no one could see that $50 cut months ago.

MS is being very agressive in the US.

McGilliguts said:
Wow, a lot of premature reaction in this thread. Wii u will be back on top of xbone soon enough. The xbone got a nice temporary bump from microsofts fire sale, but that will fizzle out quickly. Come 2015 the xbone will be have weekly sales of less than 50k. Wii u should be ahead again by fall 2015 with redesign, price drop & zelda. Xbone will be gone in two years.

Interesting. This is very much doubtful to me ..We shall see.

Praise the One.

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:

It's gamecube all over again bro

People on gamming communities think only Exclusives matter.And this can be true when we are comparing Ps4 and Xone,but when it comes to WiiU the lack of third party games just.....hurts!

It's doesn't matter if the exclusives are good if that really hyped third party games are not on the machine

I totally agree. Third parties prop up second and first party. Its so sad that we're on a gaming site that focuses on sales and a lot forget about that. Third party is key. They are the foundation of the pyramid of interest. WIthout the third party the first party is just there. Not saying it cant sell off of first party, but not nearly as well as they would hope to with third party. 

vkaraujo said:
Sooner then we expect, but no one could see that $50 cut months ago.

MS is being very agressive in the US.

Actually a lot of people saw the holiday cut coming.

JayWood2010 said:
OttoniBastos said:

Its not as strong as PS in europe no doubt but you were still wrong about it being undertracked which was my point.  X360 sold 25m in europe and XBO is on track of also being successful there again.  Will it sell more than PS?  No, again i didnt say that.  Im just saying your tyrant yesterday was for nothing as the people who suspected "both" PS4 and XBO as undertracked were indeed correct

My "tyrant" yeasterday wasn't about being undertracked or not,it was about Xbox brand relevance outside USA+UK.Ask anyone who is not from USA+UK how is xone doing in their country,then let me know. ;)

Wii U doesn't sell, because even when it had Fifa, AC ect..........those games did not sell Millions.
Did not move 100k's of Wii U's.

That's the main problem IMHO.

McGilliguts said:

This can't be real?