By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft XBOX One overtakes Nintendo WiiU globally in sales (VGC)

Besides, the lifetime of Nintendo's consoles are not as long as Sony's and Microsoft's consoles.

Around the Network
eyeofcore said:
Seece said:
eyeofcore said:
I see people want to buy less games...

How so?

50$ a year for multiplayer paywall, 6 years 300$ so 5 gammes or 10 used/discounted...

XO consumes 5 times electricity than Wii U...

275,5-389$ of electricity bill in 6 years at 4 hours per day at 17-24 cents per kwatt

3-5 more games you could by owning a Wii U...

8-10 more games at 60$ at launch...

If you have to live by the cents like that then I am not sure how you would be able to afford video games in the first place.

spurgeonryan said:
Pavolink said:
Sad day.
Now I want to see if people continues believing Nintendo is going to wait until 2018 for a successor.

How long did the GC last?

2001-2005 (Twilight Princess originally planned for holiday 2005. Last big GC game)

2006 was a wasteland.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

rofl has the WiiU even shipped enough units for me to lose?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Congrats, Microsoft! Now it's time for the gaming community to get on board with the Wii U. No hate on Sony either: I love my PS4 and all, but the U has been the best console purchase I've ever made so far. If only the market supported excellence, rather than falling for whatever is heavily advertised towards their demographic.

By rights, "Sunset Overdrive" and "Bayonetta 2" should be lighting up the charts. Instead, they've both ended up under 20k by their third week Stateside.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Congrats X1.

Happened two weeks earlier then I thought it would happen (Black Friday week).

Congrats to Microsoft.

Smash didn't come in time.
GG Wii U better luck next gen.
Maybe if Wii U release came earlier but its a baseline problem, a week or 2 of sales isn't gonna help dat.

GJ XB 1, that what happens when you actually compete. Truly it was Nintendo who should've responded not Sony, but it more than clear they didn't care about there spot.

Waiting 4 media field day.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

markodeniro said:
Nintendo have to lower the price asap, that's what the normal Joe cares about.

Wii U is still cheaper than XB1, yet XB1 has outsold it. That makes it even more impressive.