By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft XBOX One overtakes Nintendo WiiU globally in sales (VGC)

160rmf said:
Finally, now these ignorants maybe can stop spreading bs and ignore the wii u and go fight against each other over nothing.
i am grateful for not being one of those dude bros that bite every trash that release because they got trooled by beauty CGI ads and buy the same trash sport and fps game year after year because their friends got that too.
now excuse that i will go play my "mariobox" a big variety of unique games that these guys will never dream about and some hide gems on that pile of trash that you call "third party support" for my ps4. Enjoy your sales, microscopic graphic differences, downgrades, microtransitions and overpriced dlcs, next 326 fifas cods assassins creed.
I am pretty sure that the gaming industry are enjoying that even more than you

So salty, go and have "fun" on your box please.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

Not really deserved but they are doing a nice job of offering a cheaper alternative to gamers who want to play games from 3rd parties who can't afford a premium experience on ps4 or pc.

That's really sad for Nintendo. But expected. They have to now live with the position and figure something out.

markodeniro said:
Nintendo have to lower the price asap, that's what the normal Joe cares about.

Nintendo doesn't need to lower price at this point. Smash Bros is going to push a lot of console sales this Christmas.  They should lower the price in march.  I would expect wiiu to outsell xbone this coming week. Right now Xbox one has a price drop and thier major christmas exclusive providing a bump.

bowserthedog said:
markodeniro said:

Nintendo doesn't need to lower price at this point. Smash Bros is going to push a lot of console sales this Christmas.  They should lower the price in march.  I would expect wiiu to outsell xbone this coming week. Right now Xbox one has a price drop and thier major christmas exclusive providing a bump.

Smash would be on top of the charts, but console wise, i doubt Wii U would have a ton of HW sales.  pre-orders alone is a good indication if people have pre-ordered a console separately outside the Smash game.  but the console is not selling that much.  i would just say, the attach rate is high, so Wii U owners that have several key nintendo IPs, would buy Smash Wii U.  but it won't push for big numbers.

hope i'm wrong but so far that is the indicator i've seen.  to push for console, nintendo should bundle it with a Wii U for Black Friday but haven't heard any news about it. 

Around the Network
gabzjmm23 said:
bowserthedog said:
markodeniro said:

Smash would be on top of the charts, but console wise, i doubt Wii U would have a ton of HW sales.  pre-orders alone is a good indication if people have pre-ordered a console separately outside the Smash game.  but the console is not selling that much.  i would just say, the attach rate is high, so Wii U owners that have several key nintendo IPs, would buy Smash Wii U.  but it won't push for big numbers.

hope i'm wrong but so far that is the indicator i've seen.  to push for console, nintendo should bundle it with a Wii U for Black Friday but haven't heard any news about it. 

They are at least at best buy.  http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/11/7192823/best-buys-black-friday-deal-includes-wii-u-super-smash-bros-bundle

Ninsect said:
spurgeonryan said:
Ahh shit bout to get crazy up in huuurrr!! Never thought this would happen till xmas 2016. I was wrong. haha..

Now what?

Now positions will never change again this generation. Everything is set in stone

I can agree with that, this is clear cut... I think the HD twins will do as good as last gen, with PS4 doing better obviously.

Could never understand the argument that a few Ninty exclusives could overcome no third party support and a competitor that has the resources and will to fight tooth and nail for marketshare. I thought it would happen a bit later (Dec) but only because I thought MK8 would do more to the baseline of the Wii U than it did. Well deserved XB1.

czecherychestnut said:
Could never understand the argument that a few Ninty exclusives could overcome no third party support and a competitor that has the resources and will to fight tooth and nail for marketshare. I thought it would happen a bit later (Dec) but only because I thought MK8 would do more to the baseline of the Wii U than it did. Well deserved XB1.

X1 is on track to overtake Wii U.  The price cut made it faster... it is obvious that it would be overtaken due to the MS's aggressive push.

I still don't understand how some people could have believed that the Wii U would beat XBO.