By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespot - Halo MCC review 6 / 10

Wow, thats real low. Though the games online features may be the cause but i think a 7 would have been better. At least the single player was remastered so that should be good enough. Do people buy halo for the MP only? Dont really know since H2 and Halo Reach were the only ones i played

Around the Network

Way way way too low. Come on Gamespot! :(

Honestly reviewers need to start during this more often. The situation with Driveclub, Halo: MCC, and AC: Unity is flat out unacceptable.

shogunknight said:
Wow, thats real low. Though the games online features may be the cause but i think a 7 would have been better. At least the single player was remastered so that should be good enough. Do people buy halo for the MP only? Dont really know since H2 and Halo Reach were the only ones i played

No, the MP has never a big thing for me, Halo got me hooked through the story and gameplay. But the MP is working, I just played several games for god sake! :)

Very harsh considering Metacritic doesn't allow critics to update there score later. If a game has a serious bug or issue at launch then critics should rate it accordingly and update the score when it is fixed. But Metacritic is an ass about it.

Around the Network

Well they can only review what the game is right now and if the multiplayer doesn't work then that should be reflected in the score, especially in a game where multiplayer is so important.

I'm more surprised how this seems to have hardly affected the user score of the game.

kowenicki said:
Did you do a separate thread for any positive scores? Ah well...

Positive reviews are expected and what the game deserves, this is not. Thus the seperate thread. It's not an anti-xbox thread as you seem to be implying.

Wow, this drops its meta down to 87. X1 will likely have to wait for next holiday for a 90+ exclusive.

Blood_Tears said:

Wow, this drops its meta down to 87. X1 will likely have to wait for next holiday for a 90+ exclusive.

May not get one that holiday either.

So far the only good review then. Make no mistake, by far most people will mainly buy this for the multiplayer. And if that doesn't work well a lot of people will be dissapointed.

And as far as taking a future fix of these issues into account, they rightfully didn't do that. They review the product that they get and it should work correctly.