By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespot - Halo MCC review 6 / 10

I would never have given the Halo single player campaigns a 6/10... But that's because I find them really boring.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
"The Good
Core combat formula is engaging throughout every campaign
New Halo 2: Anniversary cutscenes are fantastic
Slick, intuitive menu organization

The Bad
Online multiplayer barely works"

Still, a 6 seems a bit low

I havent played so I cant comment. But for last few years gamespot has improved a lot. Compared to other sites their reviews are trustworthy.

Don't agree on the trustworthy part. Gamespot always seems to be the odd man out as it comes to review scores.

GameSpot proves once again that they are a damn joke.. GTAV's multiplayer was broken at launch and yet GS gave it a 9/10! lol

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Seriously?

Is online is broken at launch, let it get the harsh reviews... Its kind of deserved. having said that it wouldn't stop from getting the game because is obviously a temporary problem.

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
mii-gamer said:
A bit harsh in my opinion. Hopefully, the recent trend of harsh reviews on unpolished games, will spur developers to take more care on quality assurance before release.

Reviewers were way too generous last generation so they should also be blamed. 

This is so true! We've gotten so used to inflated review scores, but luckily the scores this gen seem much more normal. You know, last gen, a 10 was nothing big really, "every" game got a 10.

ktay95 said:
Looking at its Metacritic it seems reviewers have been way to damn nice to it. Online doesnt work and until it does games shouldnt recieve good reviews. Reviewers can then update the score if they feel its neccessary rather than reviewing on the promise of a fix

I agree 100%, reviewers need to stand up for the gaming community and make clear to developers that it's not ok to release a broken game. They should review the game as it is, and if it improves later on than improve the score later on. Sometimes you even see reviewers take into account that a game will have a lot of DLC later on.

Leadified said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
"The Good
Core combat formula is engaging throughout every campaign
New Halo 2: Anniversary cutscenes are fantastic
Slick, intuitive menu organization

The Bad
Online multiplayer barely works"

Still, a 6 seems a bit low

Yeah especially since the issue is probably not permanent. I wonder if they will change their score then.

Why would they? Devs have 1 fair chance  If they fuck up its their own fault.

Minimum 7 Imho.
My vote i 8.

JazzB1987 said:
Leadified said:

Yeah especially since the issue is probably not permanent. I wonder if they will change their score then.

Why would they? Devs have 1 fair chance  If they fuck up its their own fault.

That's a pretty narrow minded way to look at it. Let's put FF XIV as an example. The devs colossally fucked up that time, but instead of giving up on the game, they worked hard to fix it and now it is a beloved game by the community that plays it.

Second chances are not the devil.