By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespot - Halo MCC review 6 / 10

QUAKECore89 said:
My god, is online multiplayer really important???

In Halo?? Yeah...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

The big update to matchmaking coming 11/19. If it fixes the main issue then this review will be outdated within 3 days. The singleplayer alone should give Halo MCC a 8 or 9. And we all knew that the target date for the update was next week.  Game deserved a 90 meta but oh well

The bait is strong with that review / gamespot in general.

Since when did Gamespot turn into Polygon?

That's bullshit, even with broken multiplayer the game is a 7 or 8. You can still have lan parties. :-p

Perhaps the review will be updated when multiplayer is working properly. Its already working much better than launch.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

You people look too much into Metacritic...

EDIT: look at it at a different angle. If a game out of 40 reviewers shipped broken and it still has a roundabout score of 85, that's pretty damn impressive.

Ninsect said:
QUAKECore89 said:
My god, is online multiplayer really important???

In Halo?? Yeah...

This is ridiculous... Local multiplayer is zero f given nowadays. And they will hate super smash Bros Wii U due to online multiplayer.

shikamaru317 said:

Like I said to about another review with a similarly low score, the singleplayer alone is good enough that the game deserves at least an 8. If Halo had always been a singleplayer only series you'd better believe that it wouldn't have gotten 6's, so a collection with all 4 singleplayer campaigns certainly doesn't deserve a 6. Multiplayer is getting better now anyway, got into about 6 matches in one hour. New patch coming on Monday I believe which should improve it a good deal more.

Just stop. These devs need to be punished when they release broken games. Waiting for them to fix it is exactly why they do this kind of stuff. Glad gamestop had the integrity to call them on it. You release a broken game you get a broken game score.

Just when I thought game stop was a use less site they do something like this. I'll keep an eye out on this reviewer especially seems to call it how it is.

Gamespot is a joke since quite some time now.
Obviously they just want money.
DKCTF also only got 5/10 if I remember correctly.

JayWood2010 said:

The big update to matchmaking coming 11/19. If it fixes the main issue then this review will be outdated within 3 days. The singleplayer alone should give Halo MCC a 8 or 9. And we all knew that the target date for the update was next week.  Game deserved a 90 meta but oh well

87 or 90 meta, not much difference really. Metacritic obsession needs to die, especially when broken games like AC: U can get a decent average there (70+).

The One and Only

VizionEck.com