By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespot - Halo MCC review 6 / 10

Still one of the highest rated games of thr year. :)

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Microsoft probably bought off most reviewers. No way a game deserves such a high score if the biggest part of the game doesn't even work properly. 

jacks81x said:
Leadified said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
"The Good
Core combat formula is engaging throughout every campaign
New Halo 2: Anniversary cutscenes are fantastic
Slick, intuitive menu organization

The Bad
Online multiplayer barely works"

Still, a 6 seems a bit low

Yeah especially since the issue is probably not permanent. I wonder if they will change their score then.

I don't think you can review a game based on that assumption though.  You gotta review the game in the state that it was released to the consumers.  Otherwise it just encourages publishers to continue to ship incomplete games knowing that they can just patch it later.  

The opposite was true not too long ago when reviewers would give a great score to a broken game and then lower the score when there was public outrage, which I thought was a good thing. Now they just skip that step and go straight to the lower score, but by the standard which you mentioned then yeah you are right.

Samus Aran said:
d21lewis said:

No way a game deserves such a high score if the biggest part of the game doesn't even work properly. 

Yep agreed.
With the latest patch, things have even gotten worse.
Basically... They shipped a game that was only half working, then took the other half away with this latest patch.
They need to be ridiculed more heavily for it so it doesn't happen again in the future. (I want a smooth Halo 5 launch!)

It also shows that metacritic and reviewers also need to change too, as games can go from playable to worse, then back again, that needs to be reflected somehow to give consumers a more informed purchasing decision.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Samus Aran said:
d21lewis said:

Microsoft probably bought off most reviewers. No way a game deserves such a high score if the biggest part of the game doesn't even work properly. 

yea they just rolled a truck full of money in. LOL

This arguement has got old.

Around the Network
method114 said:
PotentHerbs said:

Does the online functionality of MCC work atm? That said I do think with all the pros MCC would be given a higher score then 6.

A giant chunk of the game doesn't work and you think the score should be higher?  This is exactly why developers are releasing games like this. When you can release a broken game and still get a high score why not release it and just patch it later? If reviewers started doing this for all the broken games being released I can guarantee you it would stop happening so much. Low scores would affect sales and no dev/pub wants that so they would postpone the released and wait until it's ready.

I don't have the game but I was working under the assumption only the online was "broken". What other problems are there?

PotentHerbs said:
method114 said:
PotentHerbs said:

Does the online functionality of MCC work atm? That said I do think with all the pros MCC would be given a higher score then 6.

A giant chunk of the game doesn't work and you think the score should be higher?  This is exactly why developers are releasing games like this. When you can release a broken game and still get a high score why not release it and just patch it later? If reviewers started doing this for all the broken games being released I can guarantee you it would stop happening so much. Low scores would affect sales and no dev/pub wants that so they would postpone the released and wait until it's ready.

I don't have the game but I was working under the assumption only the online was "broken". What other problems are there?

It's only online but that effectively removes half the optons in this game. Theres only single player and multiplayer. If your someone who doesn't even enjoy single player in Halo then your screwed completely.