By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic Boom the 2nd lowest rated Sonic of all time

mii-gamer said:
Sega should stick to the winning formula of Colors and Generation, then proceed to refine the experience in future iterations. But they continue to shit on the legacy of their iconic mascot.

I don't really consider than a "winning formula" at all.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
I remember a few Nintendo fans hyping this game. Shame that it turned out to suck

no one hyping it really everyone thought it looked meh at e3

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I remember a few Nintendo fans hyping this game. Shame that it turned out to suck

No I'm pretty sure I recall a few people (on the internet in general) hyping this game. Shame this game turned out so bad though :(

NobleTeam360 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

No I'm pretty sure I recall a few people (on the internet in general) hyping this game. Shame this game turned out so bad though :(

oh that 

that always happens when a new sonic game is announced

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

oh that 

that always happens when a new sonic game is announced

Lmao

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Nah, I distinctely remember a couple people trying to hype it up, at least before actual gameplay was shown. The whole "there are guys from ND at the studio" was supposed to be the reason that the game'll turn out great.

After seeing some trailers I'm not too surprised. I think Lost World and Boom would have benefited if Nintendo was more involved in the development process .

brendude13 said:
mii-gamer said:
Sega should stick to the winning formula of Colors and Generation, then proceed to refine the experience in future iterations. But they continue to shit on the legacy of their iconic mascot.

They aren't perfect games, but they are far better than the other 3D Sonic games.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

brendude13 said:
mii-gamer said:

The critical reception for those games were positive and they are considered good games among long time Sonic fans.

We don't expect masterpieces, just something enjoyable.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Its a bit unfair i think.

The game is aimed at kids and its beeing reviewed as its aimed at adults. Yeah the combo system is simplistic, but aside from that it wasnt a broken game.
Sonic 06 has the right premise but was utterly broken to a level of beeing almost unplayable. I dont think this is a bad Sonic game. Its just a type of Sonic game that has fallen into a generic pitfall with many of the genre.

The obvious conclusion is that Sonic needs speed. But its not like we didnt know this already and werent warned for what this game was gonna be. That is no doubt the reason why SEGA didnt ship review copies.

It most certainly isnt a 4/10 game.