By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic Boom the 2nd lowest rated Sonic of all time

shikamaru317 said:
Burning Typhoon said:
What's the highest rated Sonic game? Sonic & Knuckles?

I think that Sonic CD is actually the highest rated, it has a 93 on iOS on Metacritic. The highest rated on original platforms though is Sonic 3 with an 89% on GameRankings.

I don't care, Sonic CD and Sonic 3 & Knuckles are tied for my favorite sonic games.  Can't decide which I like most.  Either of those at top, and I'm happy.

Around the Network

First, there was that deal with philips, now, with sega. Nintendo can't cacth a break, eh?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

KLXVER said:
Most gaming sites seemed to have doubts about it, but not this bad I think.

I knew it was going to be junk the moment I found out about it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6625365

justiceiro said:
First, there was that deal with philips, now, with sega. Nintendo can't cacth a break, eh?

Maybe Nintendo should, you know, develop Sonic themselves? Or offer to send most of their best devs to work on it? 

AZWification said:
brendude13 said:
mii-gamer said:
Sega should stick to the winning formula of Colors and Generation, then proceed to refine the experience in future iterations. But they continue to shit on the legacy of their iconic mascot.

I don't really consider than a "winning formula" at all.

They aren't perfect games, but they are far better than the other 3D Sonic games.

The best 3D Sonic games are SA 1 and 2. Those games got like 9's back when they came out and were universially loved. Since then though, garbage. 

Imo, they need to go back to the roots, get the original team to make a new 2D game or just pack it in and retire the series. 

Around the Network
Seece said:

94th out of 95th place on Metacritic at 39/100.

Was this expected a few months ago?!

Some folks on here were excited for this game IIRC.

My 8th gen collection

So what is the worst rated Sonic game if Boom is second worst?

prayformojo said:
AZWification said:

They aren't perfect games, but they are far better than the other 3D Sonic games.

The best 3D Sonic games are SA 1 and 2. Those games got like 9's back when they came out and were universially loved. Since then though, garbage. 

Imo, they need to go back to the roots, get the original team to make a new 2D game or just pack it in and retire the series. 

That would be a great idea, because when someone else makes a 2D Sonic game....... We get Sonic 4.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Devil_Survivor said:
So what is the worst rated Sonic game if Boom is second worst?

Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis.

The worst port of any game ever as far as I know. :/

justiceiro said:

At least this doesn't involve their own franchises.