By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This Generation is Pretty Great for All of Us So Far!

for all ?

I dont think so.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

Yep, im happy with my wii U. I love that even though it isn't selling like the other 2, but nintendo is giving everything they've got to this.

3ds included aswell?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

toastboy44562 said:

Despite the vocal minority that want to critisize, this generation is off to a great start!

-No console has mass hardware problems like 7th generation

-All consoles are reasonably priced

-Huge franchises on Xbox One and PS4 from the start (took a few years for Assassins Creed, Call of Duty etc to become popular on 7th gen)

-Xbox One is outselling Xbox 360

-PS4 outselling PS3

-We have China in the game now

-Games with Gold and PS+ are giving us free games

-Reviewers are putting game companies in their place

-Indies are better this generation (and getting better)

We, as gamers, should be very proud of ourselves. We put an end to a lot of bullshit that went on last generation! Sure there are server problems here and there but these companies are getting bashed enough by the public so that will never happen again!

Finally nice to see someone who understands the value of looking on the bright side!  Honestly kinda getting sick of rampant negativity.  

It really is nice to see that this generation is off to a good start, and I especially like that we're getting a gentle transition into the new generation. I like a lot of things.  The WiiU is doing well to me (not selling well but I adore its output and the games on it), the PS4 is hitting all the right points (though it's lacking in exclusives, the last three gens proved that Sony is a slow-burn kind of company), and the Xbone really took some leaps in many ways (despite a rocky-as-sin start). 

Seriously, amazing generation.  I love it.  I really do. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

enditall727 said:

When you look at Xbox One and PS4, damn near all of thw games on it are just PS3/360 games. What are the TRUE NEXT GEN games on PS4 and Xbox One right now besides the exclusives? Right now I can only think of Ryse and Dead Rising.

From the top of my head, PS4 has Knack, KZ Shadowfall, Infamous Second Son and Driveclub as TRUE NEXT GEN exclusives in total. Ryse and Dead Rising are multiplat Next gen games but they aren't on ps4.. right now?

Xbox One has Forza 5, Fighter Within(Kinect game), Kinect Sports Rivals(Kinect game obviously), and Sunset Overdrive as TRUE NEXT GEN exclusives. Ryse and Dead Rising are Next gen multiplat games on Xbox One also.

That's like 4 a piece within the 1st year without including the 2 multiplat games.

Both ps3 and 360 had more next gen games during their 1st years.

We had the 1st Gears Of War and the 1st Uncharted in the ps3 and 360's 1st respective years.

Uncharted & Gears of War made it barely in the first year, a few days later and they would have been in the second year each... Counting from the Japan-PS3-launch, Uncharted is a second year title. ;)

And if you don't count Ryse & Dead Rising as exclusives, you can't count Gears of War either. 

So which other "true next gen exclusives" the PS3 had in its first year? Resistance, MotorStorm, Heavenly Sword and R&C: Tools of Destruction... not that much better. Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank only made it in the first year because the PS3 launch was delayed due to the Blu-ray-diodes.

The first 360 year: PGR3, Dead or Alive 4, Dead Rising and Saints Row.

Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero weren't "true next gen" (planned for GameCube or the first Xbox), Condemned and Gears of War were no true exclusives (PC).

Good "true next gen exclusives" for the Wii in its first year? Excite Truck, Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3, Zack & Wiki, Fire Emblem and Super Mario Galaxy (the last ones barely made it in the 12th month).

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Elebits and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves weren't "true next gen" (graphics were even below GameCube standards), Twilight princess was a cross-gen title (GameCube).

I dunno about everyone else, but this is certainly not so for me. Constant delays, slew of technical problems on releases, remakes and HD remasters up the wazoo etc.

For me; there have only been a couple of Indie titles and possibly Shadow of Mordor and Mario Kart 8 that has peaked my interest.
I don't care about Call of Duty since Modern Warfare, Destiny is certainly not my cup of tea, Watchdogs was a huge letdown and simplified the mechanics way too much, AC: Unity is a bugfest and Ubi still hasn't solved many issues dating all the way back to the first two games.
The new Dragon Age is more or less and MMO with single player mode, I never really liked Smash Bros.

Look at what's being set up to drive holiday sales this year: GTA V remake, TLoU remake, Halo remakes, Call of Lowest Common Denominator, Assassin's Creed: The Bugfest, broken racers with major issues, Mario Kart from six months back, Far Cry 3 in Tibet and with elephants, Dragon Age: May I Inquire Why This Is Like An MMO, Smash Bros (which is cool for the fans though), all in all; it's really rather pathetic in my honest opinion.

Not to rain on anyone's parade but this is really how I feel.

Homies.

Around the Network

Can't believe I am actually agreeing with a Toastboy thread...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I, for one, was convinced that dedicated console gaming was on a definitive decline:

• Graphics had almost peaked in the previous generation, adding big costs to developers
  • The gaming worlds were big enough and detailed enough, making it hard to surprise people.
  • The game genres were well defined and so were their respective audiences, not very inviting to noobs.
  • Publishers relied too much on blockbusters and old franchises.
  • The economies in many countries was having serious problems
  • Steam and others made it easy and affordable to game on PC.
  • Smartphones was closing in on consoles both visually and in content, with the added ease of portability and accessibility.
  • The technology leap for the new consoles was not as big as for previous generation transitions.

In short, the market and its audience was very defined and not evolving into new territories or new markets. The smartphone generation , the women, the rich who wanted to show-off the latest tech: None of these important groups for mass market was no longer interested in dedicated consoles.

Apparently I was wrong and so far this generation seems to be very healthy. I, much like Sony , do not really understand why sales are good but it is nice that they are. 

Game_God said:
KBG29 said:
Totally agree.

-Playstatation is back atop the industry with a massive lead, that continues to grow.

-Playstation Now is setting up a future were games old and new can be played in an instance on multiple devices.

-Share Play finally allows us to play games with friends without the need of two copies, and allows friends to enjoy experiences never possible before.

-Remote Play finally achieves the goal of Sony's portable gaming units by bringing the full PlayStation 4 experience, and games to Xperia phones as they were ment to be played.

-Xbox one has forced Sony to actually follow through on their all in one device under one Sony. A promise they have touted since the days of the PS2.

-Xbox One has brought the Snap feature, which should be standard on all console from here on.

-Xbox gamers are happy with their console of choice, and continue to support the industry.

-Nintendo is back on the ropes were they belong, and it looks like they have finally been forced to deliver the games we have waited for since N64.

All in all, I think fans of all console makers should be quite pleased with this generation so far. Even better look at next year. That will be the single best year in gaming history to this point. The games and services coming from the console makers make all three consoles highly desirable no matter where you stand as a gamer.

God bless Nintendo for being one of the few companies making high quality, fun, finished games!

Almost everything has being underwhelming on the HD twins, more shiny-shiny of the unimaginative same, just more buggy, beta unfinished or broken games crippled with pay to win & other sort of microtransaction milking.

When you consider that in the life span of a console, 6 years you have to pay more 150$ to play online... 400$ + 150$ = 550$ almost the price of the premium PS3 on release & that is the bottom line.

Brand integrists swallow every little bit of dogma to "support" their religion/team. Hurray for the "heresy" that is streaming game play!

Again, thank God for Nintendo still doing games or I would be a sad gamer!

The non-completeness of Assassin's Creed Unity is MASSIVELY exaggerated. There's also no need for microtrasactions, though the chests that require other stuff are strange (though don't require you to spend any money, just have a phone/tablet). Also aren't hugely necessary

Online issues are going to continue to be issues for everyone, but they do tend to settle down

Nintendo are doing good things, but they're far from perfect. I'd like to play Wind Waker HD, but little else that Nintendo produce, because the don't get the volume of 3rd party games

But they're also necessary because they do do something very different and clearly that's what you want. I am going to get a taste with a new3DS as Sony have seemingly given up.

Its okay. In terms of games, the first year for each console wasn't that good.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

meh the only games the fulfilled were bayonetta 2, far cry 4, mario kart 8, shadow of mordor, forza horizon 2, sunset overdrive, infamous ss, and thats pretty much it
the rest of the good games are mostly remakes
(ww hd, gta v, last of us r, halo mcc, etc.)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3