By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This Generation is Pretty Great for All of Us So Far!

OfficerRaichu15 said:
meh the only games the fulfilled were bayonetta 2, far cry 4, mario kart 8, shadow of mordor, forza horizon 2, sunset overdrive, infamous ss, and thats pretty much it
the rest of the good games are mostly remakes
(ww hd, gta v, last of us r, halo mcc, etc.)

You forgot to add COD AW ( it has good meta score) and Dragon Age inquisition (great reviews so far).

Around the Network

I'm expecting a hell of a lot more but yeah, it's a good start.

Conina said:
enditall727 said:

When you look at Xbox One and PS4, damn near all of thw games on it are just PS3/360 games. What are the TRUE NEXT GEN games on PS4 and Xbox One right now besides the exclusives? Right now I can only think of Ryse and Dead Rising.

From the top of my head, PS4 has Knack, KZ Shadowfall, Infamous Second Son and Driveclub as TRUE NEXT GEN exclusives in total. Ryse and Dead Rising are multiplat Next gen games but they aren't on ps4.. right now?

Xbox One has Forza 5, Fighter Within(Kinect game), Kinect Sports Rivals(Kinect game obviously), and Sunset Overdrive as TRUE NEXT GEN exclusives. Ryse and Dead Rising are Next gen multiplat games on Xbox One also.

That's like 4 a piece within the 1st year without including the 2 multiplat games.

Both ps3 and 360 had more next gen games during their 1st years.

We had the 1st Gears Of War and the 1st Uncharted in the ps3 and 360's 1st respective years.

Uncharted & Gears of War made it barely in the first year, a few days later and they would have been in the second year each... Counting from the Japan-PS3-launch, Uncharted is a second year title. ;)

And if you don't count Ryse & Dead Rising as exclusives, you can't count Gears of War either. 

So which other "true next gen exclusives" the PS3 had in its first year? Resistance, MotorStorm, Heavenly Sword and R&C: Tools of Destruction... not that much better. Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank only made it in the first year because the PS3 launch was delayed due to the Blu-ray-diodes.

The first 360 year: PGR3, Dead or Alive 4, Dead Rising and Saints Row.

Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero weren't "true next gen" (planned for GameCube or the first Xbox), Condemned and Gears of War were no true exclusives (PC).

Good "true next gen exclusives" for the Wii in its first year? Excite Truck, Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3, Zack & Wiki, Fire Emblem and Super Mario Galaxy (the last ones barely made it in the 12th month).

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Elebits and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves weren't "true next gen" (graphics were even below GameCube standards), Twilight princess was a cross-gen title (GameCube).

True next gen to me means only on the next gen systems. So if I buy a PS4, I'm not trying to play a bunch of PS3 games on it.. I have a ps3 for that. I bought a PS4 to play PS4 games. You see where I'm going with that?

Also about the Gears and Uncharted thing, when I said 1st year I kinda ment the launch quarter and the whole next year. I know that a system releasing in november of 2013 would obviously end its 1st year EXACTLY in november 2014 but I just usually include the last bit of the year anyways just for the sake of it lol

Here is my thread I was talking about http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=185889&page=1

It has the lists of Sony exclusive games from PS2 to PS4. PS3 did better than PS4 in the games department during the 1st year.  One thing about the PS3 I will never forget is that it was known for having no games back in 2007 and early 08 but it had more games exclusives than PS4 in its 1st year. 

Dead Rising 3 and Ryse are still true next gen games because they aren't on last gen consoles. And I think Gears and Condemnednis a better combo than Ryse and Dead Rising 3. I highly doubt that Ryse is better than Gears and the same goes for Dead Rising.

Kameo and Perfect Dark were gamecube games but they were transitioned to the 360 and definitely looked like 360 games by the time they released.

I really didn't like last gen that much. It's when everything got generic, and companies started to do SO much bullshit to fuck with gamers.

Games like Sunset Overdrive, Final Fantasy XV, Scalebound, and the fact that freaking KINGDOM HEARTS 3 is coming out, give me hope that this new generation can ressemble the PS2/GameCube glory days more than the previous one, you know, trying new things, making games with a distinct personality and soul, the good stuff that lets you know that somebody gave a shit while making the game.

I'm now filled with determination.

Yes it has

Around the Network
enditall727 said:

True next gen to me means only on the next gen systems. So if I buy a PS4, I'm not trying to play a bunch of PS3 games on it.. I have a ps3 for that. I bought a PS4 to play PS4 games. You see where I'm going with that?

Here is my thread I was talking about http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=185889&page=1

So why do you count NBA 07 and NBA 08 as PS3 exclusives in that thread? They were also released for PS2 and PSP.

No detailed mention of Nintendo in the OP makes sense. Not only because of who the OP is, but because the entire market has forgotten what a Wii U even is. This is a realistic toastboy thread.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

I actually agree with you, the XBO is shaping up to be better than the 360 for me and I am really looking forward to what the PS4 can do.

Who are you and what have you done with toastboy?

Ka-pi96 said:

I was sure I saw something about Nintendo in the OP. Maybe I was imagining it?

Yeah, I don't see anything explicitly about Nintendo. Where do you see it?