By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This Generation is Pretty Great for All of Us So Far!

Conina said:

Uncharted & Gears of War made it barely in the first year, a few days later and they would have been in the second year each... Counting from the Japan-PS3-launch, Uncharted is a second year title. ;)

And if you don't count Ryse & Dead Rising as exclusives, you can't count Gears of War either. 

So which other "true next gen exclusives" the PS3 had in its first year? Resistance, MotorStorm, Heavenly Sword and R&C: Tools of Destruction... not that much better. Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank only made it in the first year because the PS3 launch was delayed due to the Blu-ray-diodes.

The first 360 year: PGR3, Dead or Alive 4, Dead Rising and Saints Row.

Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero weren't "true next gen" (planned for GameCube or the first Xbox), Condemned and Gears of War were no true exclusives (PC).

Good "true next gen exclusives" for the Wii in its first year? Excite Truck, Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3, Zack & Wiki, Fire Emblem and Super Mario Galaxy (the last ones barely made it in the 12th month).

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Elebits and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves weren't "true next gen" (graphics were even below GameCube standards), Twilight princess was a cross-gen title (GameCube).

Because motion controls were certainly not next gen?

Around the Network
Blob said:
Conina said:

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Elebits and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves weren't "true next gen" (graphics were even below GameCube standards), Twilight princess was a cross-gen title (GameCube).

Not in my opinion.. they were just another input method. Sensor bar + Wiimote would also have worked as GameCube peripherals like EyeToy or SingStar microphones for the PS2 or Kinect for the Xbox360.

Conina said:
Blob said:
Conina said:

Not in my opinion.. they were just another input method. Sensor bar + Wiimote would also have worked as GameCube peripherals like EyeToy or SingStar microphones for the PS2 or Kinect for the Xbox360.

I can see your point to be honest, even if I disagree somewhat lol. I guess I go with the fact the tech behind the motion controls just wasn't viable/doable in the gamecube days.

Yes. 2013 marked the return of Pikmin, and a fourth entry it's pretty much confirmed. Also on Wii U I've had the pleasure to play games like Super Mario 3D World, The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Child of Light and Bayonetta 2 and Tearaway.

I have enjoyed many PC games like BioShock Infinite, Guacamelee, Tomb Raider and The Wolf Among Us, though they are technically last gen games.

Even so, I haven't been this satisfied with the video game panorama for a long time.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

What a boring gen. Few games looks interesting, most of them released for the kids that wants to feel mature playing games. Even Nintendo is falling into the "HD graphics!" argument to defend games.

And Virtual Console sucks so far.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile