By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Sales on the Rise. Almost 10 million consoles shipped!

JoeTheBro said:

He's such an xbone fanboy. Manipulating the data to try and make xbone look better. Pff.

Around the Network
Jadedx said:
Lawlight said:
MS resorting to their usual channel stuffing tactics. Huge shipment numbers during the holidays and a massive drop after that.

Never go swimming in at the beach; your salt would create another dead sea.

Except that he's right...

So we can say that Xbone sold roughly 240k in the US in the week ending 8th Nov. Plus another ~100k elsewhere because of CoD week...not looking so crazy now, eh guys?

Ka-pi96 said:

How exactly is that 'blatantly false information'?

I'm assuming you're joking?

A comment from Gaf:

post: You can be sure Sony's a lot closer to 13.5 million sold through than Microsoft is to 10 million sold through.

Reply: Proof?

Exactly what MS want. I really hate the way MS run their business. They have absolutely no ethics whatsoever.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

The PS5 Exists. 

I assume this means that they expect to hit 10 Million shipped by the end of the Year.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Ka-pi96 said:

How exactly is that 'blatantly false information'?

I'm assuming you're joking?

i think its more misleading then just false,   but really just a techinicality lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Microsoft PR has to be some of the worst in the industry

Ka-pi96 said:

Nope. Were you?

So a tweet suggesting they've sold 10m is just an accident is it? It's deliberately ambiguous and deception.

The PS5 Exists. 

DD_Bwest said:

i think its more misleading then just false,   but really just a techinicality lol

Oh, come on, it's deliberate.

The PS5 Exists. 

Ka-pi96 said:

The past few weeks have been incredibly exciting, marked by a series of highly-anticipated game and bundle launches and the most affordable prices yet for Xbox One. We are humbled by the positive response to our new offerings and grateful for the support from our fans. 

Yesterday, we celebrated the arrival of the iconic Halo franchise on Xbox One, as Halo: The Master Chief Collection launched to millions of excited fans and an impressive Metacritic score of 89. Sunset Overdrive was recently named by IGN as the “Game of the Month” for October.  The new Xbox One bundles, which feature some of this holiday’s most anticipated games including Assassin’s Creed Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and Sunset Overdrive, hit store shelves with a limited time offer of $50 off any Xbox One of your choice. Starting as low as $349 in the US, the Xbox One is more affordable than ever this holiday season.

The response to this wave of blockbuster game releases and new bundles has been amazing, and sales have skyrocketed since the new price took effect on Nov. 2. Compared to the previous week, Xbox One sales in the US have more than tripled, which is exciting as more and more friends will be playing together this holiday. As we head into the busy holiday season Xbox One led generation 8 console sales in the US for the past two weeks.  Shortly, we will have sold in to retailers more than 10 million Xbox One consoles.

Almost one year ago, I had the honor of shaking hands with hundreds of fans at our Xbox One launch in New York City. We have listened to your feedback and have worked hard to deliver hundreds of improvements to Xbox One, celebrated the launch of amazing new games, and sought ways to offer more value for you.  As we reach this milestone, I remain awestruck by your passion for games and your support of Xbox One.  Thank you for an incredible year.

Yusuf
*In the US, based on internal data

http://news.xbox.com/2014/11/xbox-one-sales-on-the-rise

This is based on shipped to stores, not sold to homes. So in other words, PS4 still won in sales and they need good PR going into black Friday.