By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Sales on the Rise. Almost 10 million consoles shipped!

I hate it when smart people on vgchartz try to act dumb, just becuase of agendas. Approaching means in a month. So yeah they will reach 10+ shipped by the end of the year. Which is what everyone here on vgchartz predicted and was expecting. Channel stuffing is one of MS's oldest tactics. I don think x1 is "approaching" 7-7.5 million units sold though :)

Around the Network

Nice, one of their dozens of price cuts over the year has finally hit! It only took that and counting your shipping for BF and the holidays to be able kick up that PR spin again.

shikamaru317 said:
GribbleGrunger said:
DD_Bwest said:

i think its more misleading then just false,   but really just a techinicality lol

Oh, come on, it's deliberate.

How is it deliberate? Twitter has a really short character limit on tweets, he likely ran out of space and couldn't fit the word "shipped". I know I frequently run out of space when I try to tweet. The article he linked said shipped to retailers, not sold to consumers, so I don't see the harm, it's up to people to click the link themselves.

i hope thats a joke,  because taking 2 minutes and checking shows he would be allowed another 50 lol

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Sweep said:

This Tweet make people believe that it sold near 10 million in the US...It's carrefully worded to mislead people

Exactly. You'd have to be blind not to see it.

The PS5 Exists. 

Ka-pi96 said:

Obviously you and I have very different definitions of what a lie is then. I use the dictionary definition by the way...

He just said they have sold nearly 10 million. That's a LIE. Look it up in the dictionary.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

And there you have it. This is just straight up deception. MS suddenly stops giving out NPD numbers, leakers are pressured to stop giving out NPD results, Arstechnica writes a complete and utter joke of an article and now Nelson blatently gives out false information. THIS is Microsoft.

How exactly is that 'blatantly false information'?

Yeah, I'm wondering that as well. 3x more in the US compared to the previous week is accurate, and nearly 10 million is accurate. If you're referring to the fact that he didn't specify shipped vs sold in the tweet it's because of twitter's crappy short tweet length limit, not spin.

shipped is 1 word and so is sold...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

shikamaru317 said:
Sweep said:

This Tweet make people believe that it sold near 10 million in the US...It's carrefully worded to mislead people

Like I said before, there's a really small character limit on Twitter, he likely ran out of space and couldn't fit the word shipped. The article he linked clearly says shipped to retailers, not sold to consumers, it's up to people to click the the link and get more info.

is it spelt "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppeeeedd"?

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

shikamaru317 said:
Sweep said:

Like I said before, there's a really small character limit on Twitter, he likely ran out of space and couldn't fit the word shipped. The article he linked clearly says shipped to retailers, not sold to consumers, it's up to people to click the the link and get more info.

Had plenty of characters to type "shipped"

Puppyroach said:
I was thinking about another thing: We basically know nothing about shipments to China. Could this be a big factor as well?

We know that they shipped 100k at launch and sales fizzled out quite quickly.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

My God, MS can get away with anything an army of apologists to back them up.

The PS5 Exists.