By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Sales on the Rise. Almost 10 million consoles shipped!

DJEVOLVE said:
DerNebel said:
So I guess that's what we can expect every year now, 10 months of silence and then during the holidays "look guys, we are on top now... in the US", which every year will probably be accompanied by the Xbox fanbase losing their shit and becoming in some cases insufferable for that time, just to then go back to wondering why the PS fanbase is so "mean" to them in january.

Good times ahead.

So essentially Xbox fans are like Sony fans but only for a few months.. Not true at all, I don't think I ever go into Sony discussions. Looks like to me only a few do do that on this site.

However every thread giving good news to xbox is accompanied by others thinking someone lit a PS4 on fire...

You don't have to go into Sony discussions to be obnoxious.

Around the Network

It's not too surprising, as I expect XB1 to pass 9 million this holiday, so 10 million shipped to stores to cover that makes sense.

My 8th gen collection

Tachikoma said:
daredevil.shark said:
Ninsect said:
manny10032 said:

Damn dat spin 

Some news outlets will probably pick up on that and compare to PS4's last reported 13.5m shipped or 10m sold in August lol.

I was also thinking the same.

thats the entire purpose, hoping for/knowng a lazy news outlet will drop the soon/shortly/almost/approaching part and give the general public the impression that the xbox one has sold 10 million.

Well, I guess my high school philosophy teacher would have liked Major Nelson's and Yusuf Mehdi's careful choice of words and phrases, he was a great sophist. 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I will shortly have 33 years old...

...in may

ethomaz said:

I will shortly have 33 years old...

...in may

I will shortly reply to you!

Edit: It's done!

Around the Network

Great numbers, great spin

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Well, I guess my high school philosophy teacher would have liked Major Nelson's and Yusuf Mehdi's careful choice of words and phrases, he was a great sophist. 

Every major news outlet, that doesn't know to use the original quote instead of a requote, should blame themself.
Just like everyone else here in this topic, who is not able to read PR correctly to decode it and simply use the phrase "spin" to make a statement thats sounds like nothing as a fanboy accusation.  (okay some really don't have any clue how pr wording works and they should not be blamed for that alone. but if u dont know, ask kindly, what it means.)

This is btw the same wording, ms used in the August npd statement, where the XBOX One madden bundle doubled the (previous week) sales and was ahead of the PS4. So they "won" one week of a four week tracking period and it was not enough to win the whole NPD month. Seems like it will be the same for October. Maybe with a lower gap, maybe with an incread gap (percentage wise compared to August, before someone is asking)