By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Sales on the Rise. Almost 10 million consoles shipped!

LudicrousSpeed said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Fuckin' hell.  Where is that?

Some armed forces base in Hawaii. As people on GAF have said, they typically keep loads of consoles on hand because the enlisted people will buy them when they have money in their pockets. The place apparently has a lot of PS4's as well.

Seems like bad inventory management to me. Why order so many CoD bundles if you still have all those TF bundles? People on GAF are irate and pointing to this as an explanation for MS's shipments, but it's not like they force these things on people. If you want Xbox One's you still have to order them, even if it's the holidays.

Seems strange. I have been to 20 different Walmarts in my life and they never keep stock like that. All consoles are behind lock and key and very few hit the floor. They don't even put this much out for Black Friday.

Around the Network
Welfare said:

The week of the price cut saw triple sales of the previos week, and close to 10 million shipped to retailers.

Serious undertracking here.

Unless there's 5 million sitting on shelves.  MS is known to stuff the channels before the holidays.

LudicrousSpeed said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Some armed forces base in Hawaii. As people on GAF have said, they typically keep loads of consoles on hand because the enlisted people will buy them when they have money in their pockets. The place apparently has a lot of PS4's as well.

Seems like bad inventory management to me. Why order so many CoD bundles if you still have all those TF bundles? People on GAF are irate and pointing to this as an explanation for MS's shipments, but it's not like they force these things on people. If you want Xbox One's you still have to order them, even if it's the holidays.

No one buys more than military man/woman after deployment in the US.

MB1025 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Seems strange. I have been to 20 different Walmarts in my life and they never keep stock like that. All consoles are behind lock and key and very few hit the floor. They don't even put this much out for Black Friday.

Well theft is hardly an issue; it's a military base :P .  Robbing this store would be like trying to hold up the local Police Department Giftshop

Sony is almost at 20 million what's the big deal?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Wow, that's amazing news! 10m shipped in the first year is a great achievement.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ka-pi96 said:
kitler53 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You really think they would count half a week? Also, would they even have the sales for half a week so soon?

"xbox one was the fastest selling console in november".      ..you really think they wouldn't?

It's possible. Just doesn't seem that likely to me. If they are talking about weekly sales you would assume they mean a full week. Besides that, as I've said before how would they even have the sales figures for the current week already, especially having the PS4 and Wii U figures as well so they can actually confirm they were the top 8th gen console.

It would technically be accurate to count, say, the past 14 days, give or take a day, and dub them 'Two Weeks,' given weeks can refer to time passed, and not necessarily a 'Monday to Sunday' full cycle. Considering Sunset Overdrive dropped on, I believe, the 28th, that would set us about 15 days post-launch, giving it a nice boost to keep it ahead of the PS4 from the 28th through to the 2nd, when the CoD bundle dropped to carry the momentum. While this isn't necessarily the case, the alternative is that the Sunset Overdrive boosted them so high, it more than countered the sales leech from the two days prior to the game's launch when there was no bundle, PLUS the still-present sales leech from CoD and Assassin's Creed pre-orders being made.

Anyway, the Sunset Overdrive might indeed have pushed them high enough to win the week prior as well. x3 Just thought I'd point out that it is, technically, possible for them to say 'Two Full Weeks' in all honesty, without counting them as we here in VGChartz normally do.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

chapset said:
Sony is almost at 20 million what's the big deal?

10M shipped within a year? It's worse than PS4 but that doesn't mean this isn't a success story.

Pr bullshit

I'm really not trying to down the news, but isn't MS notorious for choking retailers with boatloads of consoles every holiday season because said retailers are contractually obligated to accept them, even if they can't necessarily sell them? It's obvious that VGC has the console a tad under tracked, but I seriously wouldn't it put it past MS to have 2 million consoles floating around retail. No way in hell in the console that close to having 10 million sold to consumers.

Plus, the statement itself makes pretty liberal use of the word "shortly". As in, Sony could respond by saying we'll have 20 million PS4's shipped worldwide "shortly". It's such an obligatory and relative term. I could be working on a project that I claim will be done shortly, but that could mean hours, days, or possibly even weeks, depending on the type of person I am.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon