By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the Xbone beat the PS4 worldwide next week? (W.E 8th November) UPDATE: RESULTS ARE IN!

Will it?

Yes, Xbone will win 121 17.93%

No, PS4 will win 495 73.33%

See resultz 55 8.15%

Total:671

So close, maybe in a week when ioi given us more adjustments the two will flip spots.

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
DonFerrari said:
man-bear-pig said:
US and UK hardware up! Xbone at ~315k from just UK&US compared to PS4 which is at 173k. Xbone winning worldwide this week confirmed?

Nope. 20k under ps4 WW.

if they were in front WW they would have boasted in Twitter.

They wouldn't even know they were infront so how could they boast about it on Twitter? MS don't know Sonys sales...

So you are accusing Phill and Nelson of lying about leading USA sales for the last 2 weeks.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Calm guys, Expect the NPD before said that PS4 is first this week...

IMHO, it is, but this is only VGChartz number.

drake_tolu said:

Except that we wont have NPD numbers since Aquamarine and Creamsugar are gone.

But we shouldnt forget the +100K undertracking in september indeed, in a big month like that, who knows what is real and what isnt.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
drake_tolu said:

Except that we wont have NPD numbers since Aquamarine and Creamsugar are gone.

But we shouldnt forget the +100K undertracking in september indeed, in a big month like that, who knows what is real and what isnt.

The point is that Spencher confirmed that XO sold triple by before...

But triple of???

Triple of the SO week, or triple of pre-SO week?

Because in first case, maybe the VGC are correct, in the second case, maybe XO have sold triple of 40K basis, and have sold 120K in US versus the 100K of PS4...

(I don't undertand the fact, sorry...)

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
man-bear-pig said:
DonFerrari said:
man-bear-pig said:
US and UK hardware up! Xbone at ~315k from just UK&US compared to PS4 which is at 173k. Xbone winning worldwide this week confirmed?

Nope. 20k under ps4 WW.

They wouldn't even know they were infront so how could they boast about it on Twitter? MS don't know Sonys sales...

So you are accusing Phill and Nelson of lying about leading USA sales for the last 2 weeks.

They don't know Sonys November numbers, but they know Sonys last week of October sales. If they were ahead that week and tripeld the week after, they can be safe to assume they won again, if Sony has not major new bundle, pricecut or exclusive game. Trust me. Sony and MS have a really good estimates about the competitor sales (at least better than VGC) because they subscribe to the full service of NPD and GFK, plus the know exactly how much they ship to every region.

If a public traded company is making such a pr statement, they're at least very confident about it. That does not mean there is absolut no chance, they could be wrong, but the odds are very very very small.

soony_xbone_U said:
DonFerrari said:
man-bear-pig said:
DonFerrari said:
man-bear-pig said:

Nope. 20k under ps4 WW.

They don't know Sonys November numbers, but they know Sonys last week of October sales. If they were ahead that week and tripeld the week after, they can be safe to assume they won again, if Sony has not major new bundle, pricecut or exclusive game. Trust me. Sony and MS have a really good estimates about the competitor sales (at least better than VGC) because they subscribe to the full service of NPD and GFK, plus the know exactly how much they ship to every region.

If a public traded company is making such a pr statement, they're at least very confident about it. That does not mean there is absolut no chance, they could be wrong, but the odds are very very very small.

I agree with you, maybe you should tag the guy that in one thread says MS knows and in the other denies that.

They may not have won those weeks but I'm certain their numbers have enough confidence and headroom for they to make this claim. This is why I think X1 1.5:1 Ps4 on USA and really far on WW.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Globally in USA maybe, Globally as in WW no chance.

What's wrong with you guys...... stop saying globally in USA.

global

pertaining to the whole world; worldwide; universal:
the dream of global peace.
globular; globe-shaped.
of, pertaining to, or using a terrestrial or celestial globe.
(of a computer operation, linguistic rule, etc.) operating on a group ofsimilar strings, commands, etc., in a single step.

Enough with these threads. With europe, Xbox One would never win WW.

I do suspect how long the europe reign will last though. I doubt its a region with legs, unlike the US which is more console gamer centric.

yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:
Globally in USA maybe, Globally as in WW no chance.

What's wrong with you guys...... stop saying globally in USA.

global

pertaining to the whole world; worldwide; universal:
the dream of global peace.
globular; globe-shaped.
of, pertaining to, or using a terrestrial or celestial globe.
(of a computer operation, linguistic rule, etc.) operating on a group ofsimilar strings, commands, etc., in a single step.

COme on now it is a long running joke on VGchartz you haven't seen the threads?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23