It sucks! 21 15.00%

What did I just watch... 11 7.86%

Total:139
RolStoppable said:
Soundwave said:

(...)

And just for flashback sake, here's Nintendo (post) holiday ad from 1998/1999:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1xK11PE5jI

Is that a good or bad ad in your opinion?

I guess ... ok? The 90s were a different time, this type of marketing was Nintendo trying to (really) react still from the marketing wallop they took from Sega in the early 90s (which eventually led to the "Play It Loud" marketing). 

MTV was more of a thing in the 90s too and this was around the time South Park had just come out and was a big deal. 

Sony generally still had better marketing than Nintendo in the 90s. 

Around the Network

better than meg, not as good as great

CarcharodonKraz said:
better than meg, not as good as great

That's probably wherer I would put it honestly.  It's not that bad really, it's kinda funny and not nearly as awkward as all of last year's.  It's just frustrating to see their commercial quality dip when it seemed to be on the rise. 

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
What a brat

Word. If you lose a bet, take it like a man!

Not bad, but I still think they need better adverts. And that price is too high but there will be a lot of good deals I think on Black Friday.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

One good idea I just had is that I do think this is an easily adaptable commercial to other demographics and games. For example, I could *easily* see college students placing idiotic bets on Smash Bros (I know a good number of college students who play Smash personally, so that's why I thought of that).

I seriously wonder why Nintendo's advertising has been so damn weak. The biggest problem that the Wii U is facing is advertising. To this day I have meet people who don't know what a Wii U is or the games that released for it.

For the demographic they are targeting with this advert it is totally fine. Christmas/Holiday Season is about the family in general so this makes sense. I am pretty sure there will be other adverts at other times for other demographics. They have a decent range of games to offer people now. We shall see.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

at least 3 games advertised....i hope nintendoland will reach 5 mil.

Switch!!!

And Nintendo continues to have zero idea what good marketing is. God I wish they had the brilliance of Sony when it comes to the marketing. That truly is all that's holding the Wii U back.