What did I just watch... 11 7.86%

Total:139
Boutros said:
Only Nintendo advertises 6 months old games XD

Cause only Nintendo games sell past 6 months :p

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Only Nintendo advertises 6 months old games XD

If not many people have purchased those games, this should make sense. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Ok now it is a decent commercial, don't get me wrong.  But only if it is one of several.  And only if it was being used on certain channels.  And oh yeah, only if it was For MARIO KART NOT A CONSOLE. 

Nintendo is missing out on the majority of the gaming demographic and limiting their appeal. They need GAME FOCUSED commercials. Nintendo, just copy the PS4. Or better yet, copy YOURSELF from 1997. Or from 2006. These commercials do. not. work. And whoever keeps telling them that they do needs to get fired.

And focusing on ONE GAME is stupid.  Consoles are an investment, you have to show its value as an investment and one game just does not do it.  Take your "games of past, present, and future" vid, pick the best highlights, condense it to a sizzle reel, and make that your commercial.  That would be better than THIS. 

Where are the "new" games like Watch Dogs?

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Looks like a clip from a sitcom. If these types of ad help than I'm all for it.

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
Looks like a clip from a sitcom. If these types of ad help than I'm all for it.

yeah, I will admit this one is actually amusing as opposed  just plain old awkward.  But it's just going to have limited appeal.  Heck, the Nintendo at E3 was more cool and attractive in its presentation than this.  And Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 had solid commercials; why now do they revert to what they were doing before (which wasn't working then anyway?) It's like they have two marketing teams:  the A team that suck but somehow got to be known as "top dogs," and the B team that is made of people who are actually competent but only get called in when A team screws up royally.  And then after B team fixes everything, A team comes back in and the cycle repeats.  It's pathetic.

Its fine.

I do love it more when Nintendo makes those early 90s inspired commercials though...

Better than last year's "family" commercials

"Hot buttered popcorn what a deal!" (shudders)

At least this family seems plausibly "modern".

curl-6 said:
Not showing Smash was a mistake.

I agree.  I don't mind this commercial airing on certain channels, but they need a broad-appeal, multi-purpose commercial that can target gamers directly.  Showing clips of  Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros, a Bayo 2, with perhaps some Mario Kart would be a great idea.  And keep it entirely focused on the games.  I really think that starting post E3 Nintendo had an opportunity to make a run with the Play Nintendo slogan and a focus on games out and coming.  But nope, we get this.

BeElite said:
299 wtf

They need to hit that sweet 199 asap.

yes, because they are ready to go bankrupt

Click HERE and be happy