By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which would be the better move for Xenosaga HD?

Tagged games:

What platform should Xenosaga HD release for?

Wii U 102 61.45%

PS4 53 31.93%

see results 11 6.63%

Total:166
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
bigtakilla said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I would love it on my PC!

QUIET YOU!!! Lol, just kidding. I don't usually game on PC, but can't you technically get Xenosaga at a MUCH higher resolution and frame rate than 1080p 60fps? Wouldn't that technically be a loss for PC gamers?

Well, I believe its just on an emulator right? Cause then, what the emulator does is just it upscales it which granted, looks nice and awesome but if its native res, it would be even more awesome! But either ways, if they add better lighting and redo some other stuff, those things u cant really do on an emulator

That's assuming they'd do that for a jrpg that initially didn't sell very well.... I don't know...

Around the Network
Nem said:
If it doesnt require Monolith, then a PS4 release would be fine with me.

If it does, then its obvious the Wii U is the only choice.

Overall i think the game would perform better on the Wii U unless the "remaster" were to be dramatic, wich i dont see happening. Maybe PS3 actually. Yeah PS3 is a more likely candidate than PS4 for this.

I was stating before how most of the people who would pick this up would probably own a PS4 by the time the game is released (say 2016 due to it not even being announced for development). I think it might be a nail in the coffin if people couldn't just pick it up and throw it in whatever system is hooked up. If it released this year, or even next year I'd entertain the thought more.

If you could only do one system, it should be PS4 simply becasue its base is twice the size of Wii U and therefore it would be easier to turn a profit. Other than that you might as well do both if you can.

CosmicSex said:
If you could only do one system, it should be PS4 simply becasue its base is twice the size of Wii U and therefore it would be easier to turn a profit. Other than that you might as well do both if you can.

More people true, but I would argue brand interest. Being Xeno is now a Nintendo series, most PS fans don't care about Xeno as much. Meanwhile Nintendo fans would love to have access to earlier games. Keep in mind they originally released on PS2 (the highest usebase EVER), and the 3 combined didn't even sell 3 million.

bigtakilla said:
CosmicSex said:

More people true, but I would argue brand interest. Being Xeno is now a Nintendo series, most PS fans don't care about Xeno as much. Meanwhile Nintendo fans would love to have access to earlier games. Keep in mind they originally released on PS2 (the highest usebase EVER), and the 3 combined didn't even sell 3 million.

I am a PSfan. I played Xenogears and Xenosaga and will eventually get a WiiU to play XCX.  In fact it is the single reason I want a Wii U.  If I had my choice though I would take Xenosaga on the PS4.  I know I am not the only PlayStation 4 owner who liked Xenosaga.  

So your assumption that PS4 owners don't care about Xenosaga becasue Xblade is on the WiiU is false. It doesn't erase my memories of playing on PS1/PS2

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
bigtakilla said:
CosmicSex said:

I am a PSfan. I played Xenogears and Xenosaga and will eventually get a WiiU to play XCX.  In fact it is the single reason I want a Wii U.  If I had my choice though I would take Xenosaga on the PS4.  I know I am not the only PlayStation 4 owner who liked Xenosaga.  

So your assumption that PS4 owners don't care about Xenosaga becasue Xblade is on the WiiU is false. It doesn't erase my memories of playing on PS1/PS2

I'm a Nintendo fan and I've played Xenogears and Xenosaga. Facts are that most people who really want Xeno games are going to get a Wii U to play Xenoblade X ( which can also play Xenoblade Chronicles thanks to backwards compatibility, yourself included), but I wouldn't buy a PS4 for an HD version of Xenosaga. As a LOT of people have said, they are not going to buy a console for one game (or a trilogy, whatever), especially a remaster of a game people already played. There isn't a loyal Xeno army on the Playstation, and brand interest lies with Nintendo.

What I am assuming is PS4 owners don't care about Xenosaga because PS2 owners didn't care about Xenosaga, and there were a LOOOOOOOOOOOOT more. That's facts.

etking said:
It will only be profitable when being released on PS4.

It will only be profitable when being released on 3DS.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
etking said:
It will only be profitable when being released on PS4.

It will only be profitable when being released on 3DS.

Xenosaga 3D would be awesome! But low and behold, Bandai said HD remake.

As an important market for this game is japan, 3DS seems the most obvious choice. Should be no problem to remake PS2-games to 3DS.

EDIT: Ah I see, bigtakilla commented already that it was worded as an HD-remake.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
As an important market for this game is japan, 3DS seems the most obvious choice. Should be no problem to remake PS2-games to 3DS.

Very true, but it's the HD part that kind of throws the idea out the window.