By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which would be the better move for Xenosaga HD?

Tagged games:

What platform should Xenosaga HD release for?

Wii U 102 61.45%

PS4 53 31.93%

see results 11 6.63%

Total:166

Whichever is fine... I considered getting a PS2 just for those games... And also the extensive RPG library the console has. That said, I own a Wii U but not a PS4, so Wii U would save me money. And also because Monolith and Bamco being in good terms with Nintendo.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I would love it on my PC!

QUIET YOU!!! Lol, just kidding. I don't usually game on PC, but can't you technically get Xenosaga at a MUCH higher resolution and frame rate than 1080p 60fps? Wouldn't that technically be a loss for PC gamers?

Kuksenkov said:
Whichever is fine... I considered getting a PS2 just for those games... And also the extensive RPG library the console has. That said, I own a Wii U but not a PS4, so Wii U would save me money. And also because Monolith and Bamco being in good terms with Nintendo.

If you got a PS2, Suikoden 3 is the JRPG to get IMO.

It will only be profitable when being released on PS4.

etking said:

disagree.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
3DS is left out because fuck porting PS2 games tp 3DS.

What? I found the 3ds version of tales of abyss to be superior to the PS2 version in terms of framerate.

etking said:

That is a very eronous claim. Lets say it took them 5 million to produce with an opportunity cost of 10 million, and they(Namco) make $30/copy. That is an upper limit for cost and revenue, but should be just about it. The game would then have to sell 500k copies for it to be profitable for Namco. But if Nanci releases the IP to Nintendo and Monolith Soft then it would cost them nothing and they'd get royalties. Meanwhile it would be profitable for both Nintendo and Monolith as the opportunity cost is lower, since Nintendo has very little big use for monolith outside niche franchises, currently. And Nintendo considers the secondary effects on the console.

sc94597 said:
ktay95 said:
3DS is left out because fuck porting PS2 games tp 3DS.

What? I found the 3ds version of tales of abyss to be superior to the PS2 version in terms of framerate.

There were also WAY better load times. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K29qdiWZpGc

bigtakilla said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I would love it on my PC!

QUIET YOU!!! Lol, just kidding. I don't usually game on PC, but can't you technically get Xenosaga at a MUCH higher resolution and frame rate than 1080p 60fps? Wouldn't that technically be a loss for PC gamers?

Well, I believe its just on an emulator right? Cause then, what the emulator does is just it upscales it which granted, looks nice and awesome but if its native res, it would be even more awesome! But either ways, if they add better lighting and redo some other stuff, those things u cant really do on an emulator

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

If it doesnt require Monolith, then a PS4 release would be fine with me.

If it does, then its obvious the Wii U is the only choice.

Overall i think the game would perform better on the Wii U unless the "remaster" were to be dramatic, wich i dont see happening. Maybe PS3 actually. Yeah PS3 is a more likely candidate than PS4 for this.