By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which would be the better move for Xenosaga HD?

Tagged games:

What platform should Xenosaga HD release for?

Wii U 102 61.45%

PS4 53 31.93%

see results 11 6.63%

Total:166

I'd say spread it on as much platforms as possible an find out where it's doing best.

Around the Network

Bring it to all of them. Won't be difficult, if they can work it out. I'd love to play it on my ps4

Ka-pi96 said:
Why would they have to choose just one? The more platforms it is on the better. Should release it on PS4/Xbox One/Wii U.... and maybe even PC.

I agree, and hopefully it will. It would only help Nintendo when trying to advertise for new Xeno games. Either way this goes, Nintendo wins.

Honestly I wish the Katsuhiro would have been more transparent about where he would have liked this title to end up. There are going to be some pissed off people no matter which platform this is released on. Dumb move on his part.

bigtakilla said:
Blob said:
Is their any chance of this even happening? If it does you know it will skip wii u but I don't see it happening anyway.

There is a chance, there is talks from Katsuhiro Harada as we speak to see if it there is any demand for the remake.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ng78i3

As for the Wii U, it also states that he would love to get the original creators (Monolith Soft) to make the game. 

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/24/katsuhiro-harada-talks-about-xenosaga-and-ace-combat-remake-collections/

"Xeno! We have the rights and we could outsource it, so it’s not like it’s stuck, but if there was a remake I’d want the original staff to work on it."

So it's pretty obvious they'd at least like Monolith to work on it, so a Wii U version isn't only possible, it's likely.

Well monolith cant make it for any console other than wii u. Problem is I dont know if it would be monetarily viable. I dont think it would sell very well even on ps4...

Around the Network
Blob said:
bigtakilla said:

There is a chance, there is talks from Katsuhiro Harada as we speak to see if it there is any demand for the remake.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ng78i3

As for the Wii U, it also states that he would love to get the original creators (Monolith Soft) to make the game. 

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/24/katsuhiro-harada-talks-about-xenosaga-and-ace-combat-remake-collections/

"Xeno! We have the rights and we could outsource it, so it’s not like it’s stuck, but if there was a remake I’d want the original staff to work on it."

So it's pretty obvious they'd at least like Monolith to work on it, so a Wii U version isn't only possible, it's likely.

Well monolith cant make it for any console other than wii u. Problem is I dont know if it would be monetarily viable. I dont think it would sell very well even on ps4...

It's hard to argue it would be a tough sell, being there isn't even a lot of people voting on this thread. It's the same reason I don't think there will be an XBone version. Who would buy a game that obviously looks inferior to what else is available this gen for a game in a series they probably don't know (as most people have never played it). Waste of time and resources if you ask me. Even if they remaster this game to 1080p 60fps it will look inferior to Xenoblade Chronicles X, which is all but assured to be 720p and 30fps. Add on the fact that the story is all over the place due to the series being cut short and they really should look where it will sell. 

Where we disagree is the Wii U, the Xeno series is one of the best series to hit a Nintendo platform ever. I think it would sell not only as good as any other platforms, but potentially the best on Wii U. 

If we are sticking to current gen, in order of best choice to worst.
PS4>WiiU>Vita>PC>One
imo anyway.
PS4 is still going to be the home for JRPGs, WiiU does have its Xeno fans but really how many of them are fans from back on PS1/2 days?? I doubt its all that many, but a few will still buy it on name alone. Vita because Japan. PC because Steam and shit, idk. Lastly, XBO because MS have done nothing to draw in a JRPG crowd like they did with 360. 3DS is left out because fuck porting PS2 games tp 3DS.

Hiku said:
bigtakilla said:

Do you think Namco Bandai should release the HD collection for PS4 due to the original games came out on PS2, or do you think they should release it for Wii U and drive sales up through the need to get another fix of Xeno after the release of Xenoblade Chronicles for 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles X for Wii U?

I personally think their best bet is to ride the hype of the Xenos on Nintendo consoles, probably to the surprise of absolutely no one. 

The fact that Harada mentioned that they'd need tens of thousands of people to sign the petition shows that sales are a very important factor in this remake becoming a reality.
So I don't think Wii U would be the most logical choice. PS3 would seem better.

For a release date of 2016 (probably)? I don't think that's too logical. Even something as easy as hooking up an old system might be a turn off for a lot of people who don't feel like digging their old consoles out of the closet. Accessibility needs to be the top priority if you want a game to sell in a genre that doesn't sell very well in the first place.

I think the best option for xenosaga, as it stands right now, is if we put as much time and effort into unraveling the secrets of time travel, send someone back, and stop the xenosaga games from ever happening.

I would love it on my PC!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850