By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which would be the better move for Xenosaga HD?

Tagged games:

What platform should Xenosaga HD release for?

Wii U 102 61.45%

PS4 53 31.93%

see results 11 6.63%

Total:166

That's the exact reason why it makes sense. XBCX is right along the lines of the setting Xenosaga is in. Almost everything in that game can be repurposed for the sake of the trilogy. All that would really have to be done is upgrading enemy and character models, HQ cutscenes, music and sounds, and voice acting and it would be pretty much a wrap. It would be the most fiscally responsible move they could make. It wouldn't even cost much more outside of the music and voice acting. Believe it or not I think this is the most low risk move they could make, depending on who is working on the port of XBC for N3DS. Either way they won't be developing this game from scratch. 

Around the Network
TheSpindler said:
bunchanumbers said:
TheSpindler said:
fleischr said:
WHY NOT BOTH?

The better question is, "why bother?"  Apart from a couple fans wanting the games to be in HD, why would Bandai Namco remake or remaster these days?  The environment right now is toxic for JRPGs in the west(not named FF), and consoles in Japan are flopping all over the place.

And even back in their heyday these games weren't exactly lighting up the charts and I think recently he asked for people to show they wanted to buy it in Japan and that didn't go well or did it?  BN said they'd want the original team to be involved, and I can't see that happening unless it's on Wii U as well.

Waste of money i'd say.

It would be in line with Nintendo's Spinoff strategy. Monolith will already have most of the tools together with the completion of Xenoblade X. All Namco Bandai has to do is sign off on the deal, and Nintendo and Wii U get a jrpg trilogy it desperately needs. The best part is that it shouldn't be a long wait after the announcement.

Xenosaga isn't really like Xenoblade though, they share the same DNA but they are very much different.  I doubt Xenoblade CX will be much of a success, but I have a feeling that game will be smartly budgeted, so it'll more than likely meet Nintendo's sales expectations, yet never be a mjor disappointment or breakout hit.

Also, I don't think Nintendo, or for that matter Sony or Microsoft need any sort of JPRG trilogy.  Xenosaga wouldn't even count as a spinoff, and I'm not sure why Nintendo would fund or use one of their more prominent studios to do an HD remake when they could be working on their own games or helping Nintendo's first party studios.

Even for exclusivity sake.  This Xenosaga trilogy seems more like a passion project than any sort of sound financial decision.  Actually, I don't even think the trilogy was that critically appraised, I remember reviews being very uneven.

Neither is any Final Fantasy really like the other, but people still buy it in mass because of the string of good ones from VI-X (and I'll add IV as well). What it does is further solidify if you want the Xeno experience, get a Wii U.

Because it would be a low cost risk way of getting better relations with Bamco (they have arleady worked with them on Tekken Tag 2 and Super Smash Bros). Nintendo wants some third party games, Bandai wants to make Xenosaga, everyone wins.

Maybe Monolith wants another crack at it. It is their game after all.

bigtakilla said:
CosmicSex said:
bigtakilla said:
CosmicSex said:

But it isn't about what you want it's about what would be the best move for the trilogy, and it would in no way effect you if it came to Wii U because you are getting one.  Also getting a Wii U would allow to play Xenoblade Chronicles, so there are two NEW Xeno games for you to enjoy. I would probably buy a Playstation for a NEW Xeno experience, but not a remake.

Personally, I believe that it would make more finaincial sense to do the remake for the bigger base as by viture of math, there are probably more PS2 gamers on PS4 than Wii U or Xbox.  I also plan on playing the original on Wii U. I will get the saga no matter where it lands though.

Lol, what? Why would it matter where PS fans went? It would matter a LOT more where Xeno fans went. (Wii U)

The best way to describe it is to look at Beyonetta.  There is no reason to believe that the majority of Beyonetta fans are on the Wii U because as you said, most people (who are not me) aren't going to buy a system for one game.  I believe your argument is that the current Xeno fans are on Wii/WiiU because there really is no other place to play, but I believe that a Xenosaga Remake would still probably sell more on PS4. 

CosmicSex said:

The best way to describe it is to look at Beyonetta.  There is no reason to believe that the majority of Beyonetta fans are on the Wii U because as you said, most people (who are not me) aren't going to buy a system for one game.  I believe your argument is that the current Xeno fans are on Wii/WiiU because there really is no other place to play, but I believe that a Xenosaga Remake would still probably sell more on PS4. 

If Nintendo bought the Bayonetta IP, Bayonetta fans would come to the Wii U. There's a difference between buying a franchise and one game exclusivity.

bigtakilla said:
TheSpindler said:
bunchanumbers said:
TheSpindler said:
fleischr said:
WHY NOT BOTH?

The better question is, "why bother?"  Apart from a couple fans wanting the games to be in HD, why would Bandai Namco remake or remaster these days?  The environment right now is toxic for JRPGs in the west(not named FF), and consoles in Japan are flopping all over the place.

And even back in their heyday these games weren't exactly lighting up the charts and I think recently he asked for people to show they wanted to buy it in Japan and that didn't go well or did it?  BN said they'd want the original team to be involved, and I can't see that happening unless it's on Wii U as well.

Waste of money i'd say.

It would be in line with Nintendo's Spinoff strategy. Monolith will already have most of the tools together with the completion of Xenoblade X. All Namco Bandai has to do is sign off on the deal, and Nintendo and Wii U get a jrpg trilogy it desperately needs. The best part is that it shouldn't be a long wait after the announcement.

Xenosaga isn't really like Xenoblade though, they share the same DNA but they are very much different.  I doubt Xenoblade CX will be much of a success, but I have a feeling that game will be smartly budgeted, so it'll more than likely meet Nintendo's sales expectations, yet never be a mjor disappointment or breakout hit.

Also, I don't think Nintendo, or for that matter Sony or Microsoft need any sort of JPRG trilogy.  Xenosaga wouldn't even count as a spinoff, and I'm not sure why Nintendo would fund or use one of their more prominent studios to do an HD remake when they could be working on their own games or helping Nintendo's first party studios.

Even for exclusivity sake.  This Xenosaga trilogy seems more like a passion project than any sort of sound financial decision.  Actually, I don't even think the trilogy was that critically appraised, I remember reviews being very uneven.

Neither is any Final Fantasy really like the other, but people still buy it in mass because of the string of good ones from VI-X (and I'll add IV as well). What it does is further solidify if you want the Xeno experience, get a Wii U.

Because it would be a low cost risk way of getting better relations with Bamco (they have arleady worked with them on Tekken Tag 2 and Super Smash Bros). Nintendo wants some third party games, Bandai wants to make Xenosaga, everyone wins.

Maybe Monolith wants another crack at it. It is their game after all.

Well FF is a different case though, it is very much THE biggest JRPG in gaming and historically each entry usually is differnet from the last.  You're talking about a trio of games with set themes and battle system and another different series sharing some themese and entirely different battle system.  And FFXV is the only mainline FF to have a battle system seemingly so different from the main series, and that's partially due to it originally being a spin-off.  Though, haha Xenosaga was supposed to be a FF game iirc.

People can already get the :"Xeno experience" on a Wii U though as it's backwards compataible.  And they acan aready get a different "Xeno experience" on a PS2.  I don't see the point of getting a complete "Xeno experience" on one system. As in justify the costs and effort it would involve.  Besides, the "Xeno Experience" would somehow have to include the DS games.

They already have a good working relationship with Namco Bandai with Xeno collection.  THey have collaborated many times in the past and even nnow.  they are cuurently working on one of  Nintendo's most prominent franchises, Smash bros and previously MK8(or so I heard, nvm just checked the wiki, they actually helped).

"Bandai wants to make Xenosaga, everyone wins."

One guy from Bandai Namco wants to make the games.  Bandai Namco just wants to make money.

"
Maybe Monolith wants another crack at it. It is their game after all."

Maybe, I haven't heard anything from them about it, and looking at how the guy behind the series talks, it doesn't seem like he wants to revisit old games.  He seems to want to continually outdo and build on what was before.  This is what I get from the interviews anyway.  He doesn't even think the original Xenoblade is all that great.

Outside all of that though, what benefits would the game serve for the gamepad?  Because at this point, it makes more sense for Bandai Namco to put their other series on Wii U, Baten kaitos.  It was on the GC, would benefit from Gamepad integration, and since the Wii U has some GC roots, I don't think the HD remake would be that taxing, and the studio is already with them.

Around the Network

Keep it on PS so PS4.

bubblegamer said:
Keep it on PS so PS4.

This is one thing we can agree on. I just hope the dev publishing it doesn't ruin it.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

bigtakilla said:
CosmicSex said:

If Nintendo bought the Bayonetta IP, Bayonetta fans would come to the Wii U. There's a difference between buying a franchise and one game exclusivity.

Honestly, I don't think people put that much thought into it. 

Not realistic though but how about a colaboration with bioware and calling it xeno effect 1-3?

CosmicSex said:
bigtakilla said:

Honestly, I don't think people put that much thought into it. 

If they care about the franchise they'd know. It's the difference between being a fan of a game and a fan of a franchise.