By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which would be the better move for Xenosaga HD?

Tagged games:

What platform should Xenosaga HD release for?

Wii U 102 61.45%

PS4 53 31.93%

see results 11 6.63%

Total:166

Wii U for sure. With Monolith Soft finishing up work on Xenoblade X, they will already have a game engine that is right in line with the aesthetics of the Xenosaga Trilogy. Same with the character models as well. It wouldn't be impossible to think that it would make the leap to Wii U with little effort and developmental risk for Namco Bandai and Nintendo. This also might open up dialogue for a Tales game (even if its a port of the ps3 games) on Wii U, which needs to happen.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
CosmicSex said:
bigtakilla said:
CosmicSex said:
If you could only do one system, it should be PS4 simply becasue its base is twice the size of Wii U and therefore it would be easier to turn a profit. Other than that you might as well do both if you can.

More people true, but I would argue brand interest. Being Xeno is now a Nintendo series, most PS fans don't care about Xeno as much. Meanwhile Nintendo fans would love to have access to earlier games. Keep in mind they originally released on PS2 (the highest usebase EVER), and the 3 combined didn't even sell 3 million.

I am a PSfan. I played Xenogears and Xenosaga and will eventually get a WiiU to play XCX.  In fact it is the single reason I want a Wii U.  If I had my choice though I would take Xenosaga on the PS4.  I know I am not the only PlayStation 4 owner who liked Xenosaga.  

So your assumption that PS4 owners don't care about Xenosaga becasue Xblade is on the WiiU is false. It doesn't erase my memories of playing on PS1/PS2

I'm a Nintendo fan and I've played Xenogears and Xenosaga. Facts are that most people who really want Xeno games are going to get a Wii U to play Xenoblade X ( which can also play Xenoblade Chronicles thanks to backwards compatibility, yourself included), but I wouldn't buy a PS4 for an HD version of Xenosaga. As a LOT of people have said, they are not going to buy a console for one game (or a trilogy, whatever), especially a remaster of a game people already played. There isn't a loyal Xeno army on the Playstation, and brand interest lies with Nintendo.

What I am assuming is PS4 owners don't care about Xenosaga because PS2 owners didn't care about Xenosaga, and there were a LOOOOOOOOOOOOT more. That's facts.

I am not talking about everyone I am talking about myself.  I exsist damn you for not acknowledging my existence or my right to want exactly what I said I wanted or the possibility that I may not be the only one.  I never said people would buy PS4 just for Xenosaga.  I said I want it on PS4 and that I want a WiiU just for XCX.  Thats right, I would by the Wii U for that single game.  

CosmicSex said:
bigtakilla said:
CosmicSex said:

I am a PSfan. I played Xenogears and Xenosaga and will eventually get a WiiU to play XCX.  In fact it is the single reason I want a Wii U.  If I had my choice though I would take Xenosaga on the PS4.  I know I am not the only PlayStation 4 owner who liked Xenosaga.  

So your assumption that PS4 owners don't care about Xenosaga becasue Xblade is on the WiiU is false. It doesn't erase my memories of playing on PS1/PS2

I'm a Nintendo fan and I've played Xenogears and Xenosaga. Facts are that most people who really want Xeno games are going to get a Wii U to play Xenoblade X ( which can also play Xenoblade Chronicles thanks to backwards compatibility, yourself included), but I wouldn't buy a PS4 for an HD version of Xenosaga. As a LOT of people have said, they are not going to buy a console for one game (or a trilogy, whatever), especially a remaster of a game people already played. There isn't a loyal Xeno army on the Playstation, and brand interest lies with Nintendo.

What I am assuming is PS4 owners don't care about Xenosaga because PS2 owners didn't care about Xenosaga, and there were a LOOOOOOOOOOOOT more. That's facts.

I am not talking about everyone I am talking about myself.  I exsist damn you for not acknowledging my existence or my right to want exactly what I said I wanted or the possibility that I may not be the only one.  I never said people would buy PS4 just for Xenosaga.  I said I want it on PS4 and that I want a WiiU just for XCX.  Thats right, I would by the Wii U for that single game.  

But it isn't about what you want it's about what would be the best move for the trilogy, and it would in no way effect you if it came to Wii U because you are getting one.  Also getting a Wii U would allow to play Xenoblade Chronicles, so there are two NEW Xeno games for you to enjoy. I would probably buy a Playstation for a NEW Xeno experience, but not a remake.

fleischr said:
WHY NOT BOTH?

The better question is, "why bother?"  Apart from a couple fans wanting the games to be in HD, why would Bandai Namco remake or remaster these days?  The environment right now is toxic for JRPGs in the west(not named FF), and consoles in Japan are flopping all over the place.

And even back in their heyday these games weren't exactly lighting up the charts and I think recently he asked for people to show they wanted to buy it in Japan and that didn't go well or did it?  BN said they'd want the original team to be involved, and I can't see that happening unless it's on Wii U as well.

Waste of money i'd say.

TheSpindler said:
fleischr said:
WHY NOT BOTH?

The better question is, "why bother?"  Apart from a couple fans wanting the games to be in HD, why would Bandai Namco remake or remaster these days?  The environment right now is toxic for JRPGs in the west(not named FF), and consoles in Japan are flopping all over the place.

And even back in their heyday these games weren't exactly lighting up the charts and I think recently he asked for people to show they wanted to buy it in Japan and that didn't go well or did it?  BN said they'd want the original team to be involved, and I can't see that happening unless it's on Wii U as well.

Waste of money i'd say.

Could be, which is why I'm thinking they are waiting for Xenoblade X to release to see how that does. It could easily ride that games coat tails to profit.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
CosmicSex said:

But it isn't about what you want it's about what would be the best move for the trilogy, and it would in no way effect you if it came to Wii U because you are getting one.  Also getting a Wii U would allow to play Xenoblade Chronicles, so there are two NEW Xeno games for you to enjoy. I would probably buy a Playstation for a NEW Xeno experience, but not a remake.

Personally, I believe that it would make more finaincial sense to do the remake for the bigger base as by viture of math, there are probably more PS2 gamers on PS4 than Wii U or Xbox.  I also plan on playing the original on Wii U. I will get the saga no matter where it lands though.

TheSpindler said:
fleischr said:
WHY NOT BOTH?

Waste of money i'd say.

It would be in line with Nintendo's Spinoff strategy. Monolith will already have most of the tools together with the completion of Xenoblade X. All Namco Bandai has to do is sign off on the deal, and Nintendo and Wii U get a jrpg trilogy it desperately needs. The best part is that it shouldn't be a long wait after the announcement.

CosmicSex said:
bigtakilla said:
CosmicSex said:

Personally, I believe that it would make more finaincial sense to do the remake for the bigger base as by viture of math, there are probably more PS2 gamers on PS4 than Wii U or Xbox.  I also plan on playing the original on Wii U. I will get the saga no matter where it lands though.

Lol, what? Why would it matter where PS fans went? It would matter a LOT more where Xeno fans went. (Wii U)

bunchanumbers said:
TheSpindler said:
fleischr said:
WHY NOT BOTH?

Waste of money i'd say.

It would be in line with Nintendo's Spinoff strategy. Monolith will already have most of the tools together with the completion of Xenoblade X. All Namco Bandai has to do is sign off on the deal, and Nintendo and Wii U get a jrpg trilogy it desperately needs. The best part is that it shouldn't be a long wait after the announcement.

True that, Elma is a head piece away from being Kos Mos.

bunchanumbers said:
TheSpindler said:
fleischr said:
WHY NOT BOTH?

Waste of money i'd say.

Xenosaga isn't really like Xenoblade though, they share the same DNA but they are very much different.  I doubt Xenoblade CX will be much of a success, but I have a feeling that game will be smartly budgeted, so it'll more than likely meet Nintendo's sales expectations, yet never be a mjor disappointment or breakout hit.

Also, I don't think Nintendo, or for that matter Sony or Microsoft need any sort of JPRG trilogy.  Xenosaga wouldn't even count as a spinoff, and I'm not sure why Nintendo would fund or use one of their more prominent studios to do an HD remake when they could be working on their own games or helping Nintendo's first party studios.

Even for exclusivity sake.  This Xenosaga trilogy seems more like a passion project than any sort of sound financial decision.  Actually, I don't even think the trilogy was that critically appraised, I remember reviews being very uneven.