By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are Ubisoft gonna be this gens most hated developer/publisher?

Ubisoft the new most hated developer/publisher?

Yes 218 61.58%

No 76 21.47%

Dont care 60 16.95%

Total:354

I really want to hate them, but Far Cry 4 is around the corner and I can't force myself to hate on them now. For me, I don't like their "we only make games that can be franchises" mentality. Also, I don't like their treatment for the Prince Of Persia, espcially the way the way they abandoned the series after the success of Assassin's Creed which is kind of ironic since the latter game was supposed to a spin-off to to Prince of Persia. Now, we don't have a sequel to the 2008 reboot. The average Forgotten Sands which was just a cash grap to be released with the film, and not to forget the mobile games remake of the retro series. With Far Cry 4, I'll give them a pass. And with a proper POP game, they'll redeem themselves in my eyes.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Around the Network

Even as a Nintendo fan, I'm still gonna have to go with EA as the worst.

Uh oh... I hope this doesn't make me an Ubisoft fanboy. O_O

gamer intend to hate everything form time to time. i dont care

i like ubisoft not more or less than any other publisher. if they make a good game im fine. if not, dare u

Moonhero said:

Is Ubisoft gonna be this gen's most hated developer/publisher?

For most gamers, no. For "Nintendo only" users... Oh yeah.

what !?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

For Nintendo fans it's the way in which they promised to give good support and exclusive games, and then delayed Rayman to make it multi-plat, put zero effort into their ports, delayed Watch Dogs, aren't releasing Assassins Creed etc.

When their half arsed efforts didn't sell they then blamed the fanbase (despite it being a case of no marketing and the games being gimped) and used it as an excuse to further delay and put less effort into their games.

They've basically treated Nintendo fans with increasing contempt since day 1. They've even a completed Wii U game that they've not announced as they don't want to release it until the fanbase is there to buy it. Maybe release the game, and then market it and see if the fanbase rallies around it.

At least EA tell you they hate you and let you get on with it.

Around the Network

Oh, as well as all the other reasons gamers have to hate them: milking franchises, day 1 DLC, per-order bonuses, bullshit execs.

They're just a bunch of shitters.

Which is a real shame because I LIKE Rayman and I LIKE Assassins Creed (and I still plan on getting Unity), I was EXCITED for Watch Dogs.

They made Watch Dogs, which I liked. They made Far Cry, which I love. They make a lot of good games, some of which I like, others that I don't care about.
In my book, they are a great publisher, and will keep on buying games that interest me.
As for Steam, I don't care, it's a PC gamer problem.

Moonhero said:

Is Ubisoft gonna be this gen's most hated developer/publisher?

For most gamers, no. For "Nintendo only" users... Oh yeah.

I don't have anything against them. They've supported the WiiU far better than others.

It's a shame Rayman Legends got delayed, but it's also one of the best games out there.

Personally, I think much of the Ubi hate comes from people who haven't played their games and others who've already decided not to touch another Ubi game anyway.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Maybe by pc and Nintendo folks but doubt by the PS and Xbox community. They have put put out great games this paste year both at retail and Digital only.

Oh and nobody can be worse then EA.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Not to me.

I mean they're being a bit stupid lately, but it would take a long way for them to stoop to EA's level. Every developer hits a rough patch once in a while, but EA is on an endless dirt road.