By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are Ubisoft gonna be this gens most hated developer/publisher?

Ubisoft the new most hated developer/publisher?

Yes 218 61.58%

No 76 21.47%

Dont care 60 16.95%

Total:354

Who knows if major downgrades becomes a standard business strategies Ubisoft, might pull it off.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
ToxicJosh said:
As a Nintendo fan: Yes
NightDragon83 said:
For Sony and Nintendo fans, yes.

For everyone else, no.

Why would they be the most hated by Nintendo fans? They don't deserve much praise for their treatment of the WiiU, but at least they're actually putting some games on it. The same can't be said of most 3rd party devs/publishers. 

Because they made some moves (which I agreed with) that pissed Nintendo fans off too... like delaying Rayman Legends on Wii U (which was originally supposed to be an exclusive) until the PS360 versions were ready to release them all simultaneously, delaying Watch Dogs on Wii U while all other versions released simultaneously, and now no longer bringing any of their M-rated franchises to Nintendo because *gasp* they don't sell on Nintendo consoles.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

For PC fans, yes!

Fuck Uplay
Fuck Unoptomized games
Fuck having hidden textures that can be unlocked by modders

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

As person who likes to play good games, they've always been in the garbage tier.

No way in Hell EA is going to give up that title without a fight.
Mark my words, EA will release a blank disc if they have to.

Around the Network

Yes, but most gamers today have no self control and will continue to buy their games in droves.

No, they'll become second after EA. And; yes, they will still sell shitloads of games...

Most hated? I don't think so, it'll always be a race between EA, Activision, and Ubisoft trading spots every so often. I really hate seeing Ubisoft there though, they were one of my favorite publishers, got great memories of Splinter Cell, GRAW, and Assassin's Creed (before being milked.) I hope they can come back in a favorable light but for the meantime I'm ignoring them.

Because the tiny group of gamers who read quotes from developers doesn't like them? Ahaha.

Also, who gives rat's ass if something isn't on Steam. Steam is just DRM with an annoying client. I AVOID Steam when I can. No, clients like U-play aren't any better but it's just silly to need BOTH clients open to play a game, like with FC3, and I'd love to see Steam be less of a monopoly.

archer9234 said:
ironmanDX said:
Zekkyou said:

Why would they be the most hated by Nintendo fans? They don't deserve much praise for their treatment of the WiiU, but at least they're actually putting some games on it. The same can't be said of most 3rd party devs/publishers. 

This. 

Surely Ubisoft would be a favourite and get more support. They showed faith for quite a while. 

It really takes one screw up to ruin your track record. Rayman was a serious hate blow towards them. I sitll say EA will get the most hate. Ubi will eventually just release stuff, ignore Wii U. While EA will have another mess up on some bigger game. Like Mass Effect 4 or something.

I crossed out the ME4 comment. Just in case....