By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are Ubisoft gonna be this gens most hated developer/publisher?

Ubisoft the new most hated developer/publisher?

Yes 218 61.58%

No 76 21.47%

Dont care 60 16.95%

Total:354

They are surely trying to be.

uPlay is becoming Origin and i believe we are just months away from seeing a Ubi access.

Around the Network

I'm not sure why gamers didn't hate them last gen. Might and Magic 10 and Far Cry 3 were the only games I can remember being interested in from them. The only other games I can remember they've released was shovelware garbage and AC.  Like 97 Imagine games and 32 Assassin's Creed games.

NightDragon83 said:
For Sony and Nintendo fans, yes.

For everyone else, no.

AC Unity insane PC requirements? Pulling his games out of Steam? Come on, add the PC crowd to the hate train!

Now, serious. I'm not very much into hating specific publishers. They are all companies and will do waht gives money. That's it. Not necessarily it will be best for you. When I don't like something with a game, I won't buy it. If I like the game, I buy it. The publisher doesn't matter.

So, about EA:

Battlefield: won't buy. 3 was crap, campaign was beyond terrible and full of bugs. I don't like the multiplayer too.

NFS: will buy it. Rivals was good, Most Wanted was great.

Burnout: sure.

Fifa: maybe, it's on my list.

And Ubi:

Rayman: last two were great, I would buy another one.

AC: it depends. It's a good series and I like it. Black Flag was great. Let's see how Unity goes, but it isn't on my list right now.

Far Cry: probably not. FC3 was boring.

I wish them bad times ahead...

Switch!!!

For 3rd Parties (Naughty Gods never make me hate them).
It's funny, PS2-era Square was my favourite. Then PS3 era they became my most hated.
Last gen Ubisoft became my favourite (Rockstar was a close second), now they are becoming my most hated 

Logically, whoever becomes my most favourite 3rd party this gen will be the worst next gen

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network
Burek said:
They made Watch Dogs, which I liked. They made Far Cry, which I love. They make a lot of good games, some of which I like, others that I don't care about.
In my book, they are a great publisher, and will keep on buying games that interest me.
As for Steam, I don't care, it's a PC gamer problem.

it's not really a problem for me at least, i use Steam, Origin and Uplay and don't have a problem which service i use, i think the issue has something to do with resolution and frame rate, two thing's i don't have to worry about but console gamers do though a lot of console gamers are hypocrites as last gen unable to compete with basic gamer PC's the excuse was not about graphics or frame rate but about game play, maybe jusy maybe people could just look back and realise there is more to games than frame rates and resolution, you only get what you pay for which is why i left console gaming for PC gaming!

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

I automatically picture things looking half as good and take every single word they say ever to be a lie. They are going to have to do a lot to turn that view around, and not just a lot of PR, but actually the games will have to match. Shame really because I love their semi Indy stuff of the likes of Valiant hearts and Child of Light. Rayman is a classic too. If they had given Assasins Creed a year off, it might actually have let them polish it up and optimise it to the levels it should be, instead it will probably be the nail in the coffin of the series.

I'll still get Far Cry 4, but my hopes are dropping daily, with each spurt of 'PR' they put out for their games.

I don't know if they will be the most hated publisher/developer of the gen as it has barely started, but sure as hell they are trying really hard to be it!

Everytime one of its directors/producers talk, somehow they manage to piss off someone.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

ironmanDX said:
Zekkyou said:
ToxicJosh said:
As a Nintendo fan: Yes
NightDragon83 said:
For Sony and Nintendo fans, yes.

For everyone else, no.

Why would they be the most hated by Nintendo fans? They don't deserve much praise for their treatment of the WiiU, but at least they're actually putting some games on it. The same can't be said of most 3rd party devs/publishers. 

This. 

Surely Ubisoft would be a favourite and get more support. They showed faith for quite a while. 

It really takes one screw up to ruin your track record. Rayman was a serious hate blow towards them. I sitll say EA will get the most hate. Ubi will eventually just release stuff, ignore Wii U. While EA will have another mess up on some bigger game. Like Mass Effect 4 or something.

Could be. They certainly haven't been engraciating themselves with gamers of late. However, much like with EA, it doesn't really matter much for them whether they are hated or not, because they have enough quality IPs that will continue to sell no matter how much flack they get.