By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'll take Zelda And Mario over Call of Duty, Reggie says.

I usually buy all my 3rd party games on Wii U if possible. I woulda bought Advanced Warfare if it was available. If Nintendo can't get the CoDs and the like then Nintendo is doing the right thing by funding games like Bayonetta 2. They should consider this option more often. They should try to get a port of Persona 5, and talk to Namco Bandai to get some of the Tales games on their console.

If they can't be mega blockbuster with their games, then they need to be more niche than ever before. So much that people can't help to buy one because it is so unique.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Deeds said:
pokoko said:
If Nintendo had CoD, he'd be bragging about that. This is part of his job. He provides the kool-aid; some people drink it, some don't. He only wants a "differentiated experience" because he has no choice in the matter. It's stupid, it really is, but I don't blame him for spinning, I blame those who spin along with him because they want to believe.

You are never better off for having LESS games. That makes no sense. If you're one of those people who say, "yeah, Nintendo is awesome because they don't have the same third party titles as Sony and Microsoft," then stop it right now. Casting that as some kind of positive is ludicrous. It would still be the same Nintendo console, only with more variety.

If Netflix decided to remove every movie or show that was also on another video service in an effort to offer a "differentiated experience", would you cheer that, too?

Of course, the funny part is that both Sony and Microsoft will have exclusives AND third party games. No one can gloss over that without making themselves look silly. Uncharted and Halo, among many other titles, will offer plenty of differentiation.

What is funny is that even so the PS3 still has not outsold the Wii, even though the PS3 has had three revisions to encourage repeat buyers to "goose" the shipment numbers. The entertainment business is not an exact sceince, it is driven by tastes which can change on a whim.

What does that have to do with anything I said whatsoever?  And what is this "goose" thing?  You mean kinda like the New 3DS?

Yes. *EDIT* Wait, you said "You are never better off for having LESS games." The Wii did not have as much games as the PS3 yet Nintendo was and still is better off than Sony. LOL, I'm conviced some of you dont think before you type.

No duh he'd say that, that's his job for the most part.

I do agree with him though, even if he is a bit of a douche. CoD has never appealed much to me, so its pretty much a no brainer trying to decide between CoD & Mario/Zelda. Doesn't mean Nintendo shouldn't try to get the game and other 3rd party titles on their platforms though.

If Nintendo, and Nintendo owners is okay with playing nothing but Mario and friends games for this entire gen or the next then I salute you.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Well.. we wont get a 'Sequel' to Advanced Warfare until 2017.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Why make it a choice...you can have both...

Deeds said:
pokoko said:

What does that have to do with anything I said whatsoever?  And what is this "goose" thing?  You mean kinda like the New 3DS?

Yes. *EDIT* Wait, you said "You are never better off for having LESS games." The Wii did not have as much games as the PS3 yet Nintendo was and still is better off than Sony. LOL, I'm conviced some of you dont think before you type.

That makes zero sense.  Do you even know what you're saying?  I don't understand how ...

Listen.  Suppose there were two separate universes.  Ours, where the Wii received little third party support, and then another, where the Wii had everything from the first universe, plus a massive amount of third party support.

WHICH DO YOU THINK IS BETTER.

Every time he opens his mouth, I like him less.

pokoko said:
Deeds said:
pokoko said:

That makes zero sense.  Do you even know what you're saying?  I don't understand how ...

Listen.  Suppose there were two separate universes.  Ours, where the Wii received little third party support, and then another, where the Wii had everything from the first universe, plus a massive amount of third party support.

WHICH DO YOU THINK IS BETTER.

The one with the games I want to play. If the Wii had 1000000 third party games I didn't give a shit about and one [only one] great Mario game, I'd think it is a shitty console. People have different tastes. If you cant understand that then no amount of mental medicine can help you.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Headline is clickbait. Here's the full context of the quote:

I would love to have Call of Duty on our platform. I would love to have any of the big blockbuster, multi-platform titles. But I have to say, more specifically, I want games that provide a differentiated consumer experience. If you look at the other two competitive platforms, fundamentally, what’s the difference? ...when you look at either one, either by themselves doesn’t have a lot of exclusive content. They have a lot of shared content. Look at it from the standpoint of, what don’t they have? They don’t have our games. They don’t have Mario and Zelda. I’d much rather be where Nintendo is, with a differentiated platform, differentiated set-up experiences that we can provide uniquely to the consumer. Let those other guys battle it out over, you know, which visual representation of Call of Duty is most compelling. I like our chances of having a differentiated console and a differentiated series of experiences.