By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'll take Zelda And Mario over Call of Duty, Reggie says.

He mentions one franchise but fails to mention the hundreds of games he won't get to play

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
He mentions one franchise but fails to mention the hundreds of games he won't get to play

I think Reggie can afford all the consoles.

I'll take anything over COD. (except Minecraft.)

I agree Reggie, I don't want COD, but I want great games to play on your consoles, like that Majora's Mask CE that you have not announced for us.

Move it you lazy ridiculous monkey.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

forest-spirit said:
Not a big fan of Reggie but I have to give him credit for his ability to rile people up.

Really have no idea why people are riled up. He said they'd love to have COD but they don't and if they had to choose between the two they would back their own games.

Thread title makes it sound much worse and people are latching onto that.

Around the Network

While I want to see more third party retail games on Wii U again, I tend to agree with him. One of the reasons I've stuck with Nintendo over the years, even though I own a PS2 and PS3, and game on PC also, is because I like their approach to game development and game design. It hasn't changed all that much since the 1980s, which to ME at least, is good, because it was those 80s games that made me love them, and gaming in general, in the first place. Granted, I wish Nintendo themselves would make more 2D games again. They pretty much permanently moved into 3D with the N64, and have stayed there, with the exception of NSMB.

But otherwise, I like Nintendo's games. Not ALL of them, certainly, there have been many I didn't care for. But by and large, every gen. I can expect at least a good handful of high quality games from them that I really enjoy. And while they certainly do partake in "more entries in the same series", as the man said, their entries tend to be fairly different each time (meaning the games Nintendo develops themselves, not outside stuff like Pokemon, etc.). I'm not always a FAN of the "new things" that they try in a given Mario or Zelda or whatever, but I do respect them for trying new things and trying to keep things fresh, instead of just pumping out the same exact games year after year.

Would I love third party games on my Wii U? Sure (and we do get them). Do I care about EA and Ubisoft and Activision's current lineup of third party games? Absolutely not. Nintendo's games are always a joy for me to play, and I will gladly take them. Yes, they reuse their main IPs all the time, but at least they innovate and change it up and actually try to improve the experience. They are also really big about the "Nindies" as seen in this last Direct. Those are more of the games we need instead of a yearly marginal sidegrade of a game that is nothing but a cash grab for the publisher/developer. But I am in the minority, I know.

Well it would be nice to have a choice to even play COD on the Wii U.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Deeds said:
Seece said:

They didn't need third party then, that is not now is it?

Let me clarify, they never needed third party multiplats to succeed. They never have and they never will need them.

That's why Nintendo had an aggressive contractual agreement with third parties during the NES and SNES days, because clearly they didn't need the third parties and had no problems with them going to some other console manufacturer.

That's why from the SNES to N64 they've lost much of their fanbase since most third parties went to Sony after the Nintendo exclusivity stranglehold ended? 

Yeah.  Nintendo clearly didn't need third parties.

Deeds said:

LOL, How long did it take you to find that GIF? Posting gifs and pics in a debate are a sign of low IQ. ;)

Listen, I generally do not take sides when two guys on this site are arguing on their own, but don't you dare to imply low IQ from one party involved when you completely ignored his valid point giving a nonsensical answer, for you not to properly respond. He using a gif was completely justified here. You mocking him for it, not so much.