By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US Monthly bestsellers tracking thread November - Updated 29/11 - GTAV bundle in at 17

Seece said:
Fusioncode said:
Seece said:

Yeah, and hopefully MS sort themselves out, it's basically 2 AC bundles and with all the bad press that game is getting ....

Isn't there a COD bundle for 450?

OOS.

Oh. Guess they're saving the rest for Black Friday. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
jlmurph2 said:
Kerotan said:
the PSN cards are absolutely owning the top 3 despite big games coming out. Sony are doing serious sales on the PSN store.

That's what happens when people worldwide can buy them from the US store and get a code

I think that's the 7th time I've seen you post that. Is it that hard to believe the PSN cards are popular because there's a lot of great digital titles on there?

See the thing is when I post that I have evidence to back it up. When people say stuff like this ^ its subjective. Its kinda like saying people don't trust Sony with their card information; logical but still subjective with no proof.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-11-10/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1
Weekly charts for the week ending 10th is up as well.

jlmurph2 said:
Fusioncode said:
jlmurph2 said:

That's what happens when people worldwide can buy them from the US store and get a code

I think that's the 7th time I've seen you post that. Is it that hard to believe the PSN cards are popular because there's a lot of great digital titles on there?

See the thing is when I post that I have evidence to back it up. When people say stuff like this ^ its subjective. Its kinda like saying people don't trust Sony with their card information; logical but still subjective with no proof.

What evidence. Do you have specific numbers from European countries and how much they've contributed to the sales of PSN cards in the US? No? Well let me know when you do. 

Fusioncode said:
jlmurph2 said:
Kerotan said:
the PSN cards are absolutely owning the top 3 despite big games coming out. Sony are doing serious sales on the PSN store.

Yes, because u can have a look at Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de
None in top 100 for UK.
And Germany it's:
#1 20€
#9 10€
#19 5€
#21 15€
#22 35€
#29 25€
(and Germany is all Playstaion land)

compared to US:
#1 20$
#2 10$
#3 50$
#40 100$

So nowhere near as dominant as in the US. If u go all digital, u probably go all Us digital buys. Becaus its cheaper for everyone from UK and Europe

Around the Network
soony_xbone_U said:
Fusioncode said:
jlmurph2 said:

None in top 100 for UK.
And Germany it's:
#1 20€
#9 10€
#19 5€
#21 15€
#22 35€
#29 25€

compared to US:
#1 20$
#2 10$
#3 50$
#40 100$

So nowhere near as dominant as in the US. If u go all digital, u probably go all Us digital buys. Becaus its cheaper for everyone from UK and Europe

And that's the only reason they're selling well?

Fusioncode said:
jlmurph2 said:
Fusioncode said:

What evidence. Do you have specific numbers from European countries and how much they've contributed to the sales of PSN cards in the US? No? Well let me know when you do. 

http://wololo.net/2013/06/27/how-to-purchase-us-psn-cards-from-amazon-when-you-dont-live-in-the-us/

This is just one of the articles that shows how people overseas manipulate Amazon to get codes. I have no problem with you guys saying PSN has good digital titles. But don't just ignore the fact that people use these tactics.

Teeqoz said:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-11-10/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1
Weekly charts for the week ending 10th is up as well.

Thanks.  

Added to OP

so amazon still predicts xbox is winning but the margin isn't too high at this point.

or something. the 25 skus makes it difficult to assess but i imagine the sales drop from 7 to 50 is quite large. i think things will remain close enough that black friday is going to decide this fight.

Fusioncode said:
soony_xbone_U said:
Fusioncode said:
jlmurph2 said:

None in top 100 for UK.
And Germany it's:
#1 20€
#9 10€
#19 5€
#21 15€
#22 35€
#29 25€

compared to US:
#1 20$
#2 10$
#3 50$
#40 100$

And that's the only reason they're selling well?

Ofc not. That's the reason, why they dominate the chart all the year for the top 3 spots.
They're selling well because of other reasons, too. Many good digitial games and some go all digital ;)