By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US Monthly bestsellers tracking thread November - Updated 29/11 - GTAV bundle in at 17

kitler53 said:
so amazon still predicts xbox is winning but the margin isn't too high at this point.

or something. the 25 skus makes it difficult to assess but i imagine the sales drop from 7 to 50 is quite large. i think things will remain close enough that black friday is going to decide this fight.

The PS4 is getting 2 new SKUs now as well. Both the GTAV+TLOU bundle, and the LBP3+Lego batman 3 bundle.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
kitler53 said:
so amazon still predicts xbox is winning but the margin isn't too high at this point.

or something. the 25 skus makes it difficult to assess but i imagine the sales drop from 7 to 50 is quite large. i think things will remain close enough that black friday is going to decide this fight.

The PS4 is getting 2 new SKUs now as well. Both the GTAV+TLOU bundle, and the LBP3+Lego batman 3 bundle.

yeah, i saw that.  the whole "amazon always predicts the winner" isn't going to be so clear cut this november.   we might have to call this month "indecisive" depending on how things looks at the end of the month.

X1 9
PS4 15
PS4 D 43
X1 45
X1 70

Things are slowly inching back to normal, with the new bundles PS4 will dominate second half of Nov. Likely taking NDp.

BeElite said:
X1 9
PS4 15
PS4 D 43
X1 45
X1 70

Things are slowly inching back to normal, with the new bundles PS4 will dominate second half of Nov. Likely taking NDp.

With SKUs out of stock currently this isnt a good gauge.  Also it is looking more and more likely that the new PS4 bundles will be BF weekend only.  While Sony is releasing those SKUs for the weekend MS is working with retailers giving even lower prices and extra bundling for the weekend.  Think it is even more likely that the X1 will take November NPD.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Why do people hate Xbox so much

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
BeElite said:
X1 9
PS4 15
PS4 D 43
X1 45
X1 70

With SKUs out of stock currently this isnt a good gauge.  Also it is looking more and more likely that the new PS4 bundles will be BF weekend only.  While Sony is releasing those SKUs for the weekend MS is working with retailers giving even lower prices and extra bundling for the weekend.  Think it is even more likely that the X1 will take November NPD.

If anything the SKUs being out of stock help make his point. You cannot win NPD with demand alone, see PS4 december 2013.

And they have been OoS for some time now, it wouldn't be far fetched to believe MS is holding stock precisely to combat Sony during BF.  

thx1139 said:

To borrow from MS PR: It doesn't matter if sony has the sales for 24 hrs only. They could be the fastest selling console in that time frame.

Seriously though, I think BF will decide this. I still believe XB1 will take november, but its no longer by as large a margin as I thought it would be. Though the PS4 could just surprise us, it seemd to have been doing just that all year.

GribbleGrunger said:
This is probably why Infamous: Second Son shot back up the charts:

$25.00

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HGLLRV2/?tag=6aming-20

Titanfall has been cheaper for a long while, so its surprising that it took Infamous: Second Son so much time to drop to this price. Sony should also do a PS4 + Infamous: Second Son + Infamous: First Light bundle, it would sell a lot.

GTAexpert said:

Titanfall has been cheaper for a long while, so its surprising that it took Infamous: Second Son so much time to drop to this price. Sony should also do a PS4 + Infamous: Second Son + Infamous: First Light bundle, it would sell a lot.

I honestly thought they would but perhaps they think I:SS will sell Fist Light and First Light (coming to PS+) will sell I:SS.

The PS5 Exists. 

Damagon said:
thx1139 said:
BeElite said:
X1 9
PS4 15
PS4 D 43
X1 45
X1 70

If anything the SKUs being out of stock help make his point. You cannot win NPD with demand alone, see PS4 december 2013.

And they have been OoS for some time now, it wouldn't be far fetched to believe MS is holding stock precisely to combat Sony during BF.  

True and I see no reason why the X1 wont win BF weekend as well.  They have the better BF deals anyway. Yes the PS4 has the GTA5/TLOU bundle, but it isnt being discounted.  While at the same time the X1 will be bundled even more and also have discounts. For instance at Target you can get the X1 AC Bundle for effectively $279.99 (Discount and Gift Card) while the PS4 GTA5/TLOU bundle is $399.99.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193336

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.