By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The ONE's Price Drop Failed. What Else Can MS Do?

celador said:
They just keep adding games and features to the best all-in-one entertainment product on the market and the sales will follow

The Xbox One is not even close to the best all in one media device on the market.  People already have a dozen devices that can do all the media they need.  No one buys a console for this anymore.  It's half the reason it is lagging behind ps4 

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
I cannot believe Matt Smith is Kyle Connor in the new Terminator. It will be ten times worse than Salvation.

Wait there is a new Terminator coming out lol.

OT:

Ehhhh not sure what to say about the thread....a hit and miss at the same time I guess

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

eva01beserk said:
Nem said:
Let me say this: This conclusion is as rushed as the conclusion that gave it a sure sucess 2 days ago.

I say the same. Let us wait for the NPD sales numbers for the US and we will know then.

If we did that then there be no point for this forum. Just wainting untill after the data is out, all you can do is say ok. But its now when the fun for us that have no influence begins. Predictions and our reasons as to why its going to happen the way we want, should, might,is, are the entire reason for this forum.

So I agree with opening and say that it will not beat the ps4 and anything but beat it in npd is consider a faliure in MS eyes, doing better means nothing to them if they dont win.

Im going with the old saying and say that nobody outside of fanboys and the ones who get all consoles will really buy a x1. Even if it sells good this holliday then starting jan it will flatline cuz all the people who where going to buy it anyways will take advantage of that deal.

absolutely agree, the "not knowing" bit is the the fun time to talk it out.

also fixed a math error in my original post.   xbox is $109.99 cheaper than ps4 right now not $59.99.

Actually, looking at the respective Sku's placement, where MS has 5 and Sony 2, X1 is still outselling the PS4 at least 2:1. But nice try :).

TheBlackNaruto said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
I cannot believe Matt Smith is Kyle Connor in the new Terminator. It will be ten times worse than Salvation.

Wait there is a new Terminator coming out lol.

OT:

Ehhhh not sure what to say about the thread....a hit and miss at the same time I guess

Genysis or something. It will be shit.

OT: Cool! I wasn't aware the promotion ended and MS released sales. Links? All I see in the OP is Amazon stuff.

Around the Network

This is probably a better way to keep track as it's for the month of November rather than hourly - http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-11/videogames

Currently there are 5 XB1 bundles in the top 40 compared to 1 PS4 bundle - will be interesting to see how it goes

eva01beserk said:
Nem said:
Let me say this: This conclusion is as rushed as the conclusion that gave it a sure sucess 2 days ago.

I say the same. Let us wait for the NPD sales numbers for the US and we will know then.

If we did that then there be no point for this forum. Just wainting untill after the data is out, all you can do is say ok. But its now when the fun for us that have no influence begins. Predictions and our reasons as to why its going to happen the way we want, should, might,is, are the entire reason for this forum.

So I agree with opening and say that it will not beat the ps4 and anything but beat it in npd is consider a faliure in MS eyes, doing better means nothing to them if they dont win.

Im going with the old saying and say that nobody outside of fanboys and the ones who get all consoles will really buy a x1. Even if it sells good this holliday then starting jan it will flatline cuz all the people who where going to buy it anyways will take advantage of that deal.

There is a point to the forum. There isnt a point to baseless statements. We can say it is doing well or not, but one exclamates its a sucess and the other exclamates its a failure. Can you take any of them seriously with this data?

We dont know. That is the conclusion of this discussion. It cant move along until we have more data, so yes, it is pointless to further discuss it.

Scientificreason said:
celador said:
They just keep adding games and features to the best all-in-one entertainment product on the market and the sales will follow

The Xbox One is not even close to the best all in one media device on the market.  People already have a dozen devices that can do all the media they need.  No one buys a console for this anymore.  It's half the reason it is lagging behind ps4 

But to be the best overall media device you need games, proper games, and devices like smartphones or smart TVs do not have those

LivingMetal said:
kitler53 said:

For those not paying attention this week,.. the ONE went on sale for the holiday period starting on November 1st.   You can now get an xbox one for $349.99 with a bundeled game.  Comparing apples to apples that puts xbox one at $290 relative to ps4's $399.99 (assuming you want the bundeled AC @ $59.99).

Over the last 3 days the ONE has been kiling ps4 selling by OVER 3:1.   Sadly, that era has passed and a recent check shows the ONE only selling 1:1 with ps4 (as of this writting xbox has the top selling sku at #10  and falling while ps4 has the second spot at #15).  The price drop failed.  At $59.99 below ps4 the ONE was only able to secure the top spot in their home turf and strongest region for 3 days. 

What else can MS do?

I like the Matt Smith pic...  That's all I have.

stay on topic please. he really, really hates using that report button.

AyxboxFrench said:
Xbox One :

PS4:

Of course, it's a fail..

Looking at this and looking at the opening thread and all I can say is what a massive thread fail.  

#15 and #16 cancel each other out.
#44 and #41 cancel each other out.

So that means all of those other SKUs which are all X1s are all selling more then nothing. Each one of those consoles has no PS4 equivalent.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.