By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The ONE's Price Drop Failed. What Else Can MS Do?

It doesn't seem to have failed. The primary objective of price cuts and promotions is to boost sales; beating your competition in the long run isn't inherently necessary for it to have been worthwhile. To that extent, it appears to have done its job pretty well.

It does also highlight how strong the PS4's current position is though (assuming this reflect reality on large).

Around the Network

Wow, it's like a toastboy44562 thread...but not funny.

Should have waited a little longer before posting this thread. At least waited for the monthly ranking to be close to be in favor of the PS4. Cause the price cut is still working in the favor for the Xbox One. One good thing that can be taken from that is that maybe PS4 sales haven't slow down by that much

Titanfall for the PC is number 1. I guess its the 10 dollar price.

As much as I hate to admit it... I think it's too early to determine if it failed or not... Holiday shopping madness hasn't even started yet (black friday)... 3 days is a really small sample when compared to what's coming... besides going from a 1:1 ratio to a 3:1 ratio at any point is impressive no matter what time frame...

When consumers have that choice of choosing between a 350-400 PS4 and a 275-350 X bone during the holiday rush... then we will have a valid estimate...

Around the Network
riecsou said:
Should have waited a little longer before posting this thread. At least waited for the monthly ranking to be close to be in favor of the PS4. Cause the price cut is still working in the favor for the Xbox One. One good thing that can be taken from that is that maybe PS4 sales haven't slow down by that much

i have a meeting this afternoon so i could not wait.  the clicks riecsou,.. the sweet delicious vgcz point generating clicks.  they must be mine.

Yeah well MCC is higher then any ps4 game so there

How about we see wat the numbers are in NPD before we say it failed

riecsou said:

I think his thraed is as premature as all the threads that were made when the XB1 had multiple skus in the top 10.

I also think he has a point being that just two days agao the XB1 had at least 2 skus above the PS4 and now its only one. There is no saying that in two weeks it doesn't drop some more.

To OP, you are wrong about the price drop failing tough. It accomplished/is accomplishing exactly what it was supposed to. Boosting sales of the XB1. 

The hourly is doing good, but I'm not so sure the Xbox One is really doing that good. The PS4 has stayed high up in the hourly while the Xbox One has increase, but that really only goes to show that the Xbox One may beat the PS4, not push the sales people expected, me included.

kitler53 said:

For those not paying attention this week,.. the ONE went on sale for the holiday period starting on November 1st.   You can now get an xbox one for $349.99 with a bundeled game.  Comparing apples to apples that puts xbox one at $290 relative to ps4's $399.99 (assuming you want the bundeled AC @ $59.99).

Over the last 3 days the ONE has been kiling ps4 selling by OVER 3:1.   Sadly, that era has passed and a recent check shows the ONE only selling 1:1 with ps4 (as of this writting xbox has the top selling sku at #10  and falling while ps4 has the second spot at #15).  The price drop failed.  At $59.99 below ps4 the ONE was only able to secure the top spot in their home turf and strongest region for 3 days. 

What else can MS do?

I like the Matt Smith pic...  That's all I have.