By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The ONE's Price Drop Failed. What Else Can MS Do?

No surprise. I'm expecting to see the xbox one beat the ps4 for one or two weeks tops.

Around the Network

Let me say this: This conclusion is as rushed as the conclusion that gave it a sure sucess 2 days ago.

I say the same. Let us wait for the NPD sales numbers for the US and we will know then.

Oh why oh why. Really no need for this thread.

Intrinsic said:
riecsou said:
Should have waited a little longer before posting this thread. At least waited for the monthly ranking to be close to be in favor of the PS4. Cause the price cut is still working in the favor for the Xbox One. One good thing that can be taken from that is that maybe PS4 sales haven't slow down by that much

I think his thraed is as premature as all the threads that were made when the XB1 had multiple skus in the top 10.

I also think he has a point being that just two days agao the XB1 had at least 2 skus above the PS4 and now its only one. There is no saying that in two weeks it doesn't drop some more.

To OP, you are wrong about the price drop failing tough. It accomplished/is accomplishing exactly what it was supposed to. Boosting sales of the XB1. 

as phil said,.. they are in it to win it.  it's not enough to just boost the baseline.   spencer is looking for a nov NPD win.  also,. even if the goal was only to boost sales the assumption of that is to boost the baseline not just secure 50k more sales in the first week and drop "back to normal".   a week one bump and then nothing is very much a failure regardless of the competition.

Not sure you can say it failed. If it comes close to matching the PS4s sales (fastest selling console in "the" history) thats a big success. Lets see how long they can maintain the momentum.

Around the Network

Microsofts biggest fault is giving up Europe and especially the UK already which did not recieve the pricedrop and so the PS4 will beast further in Europe and win the holiday worldwide.

Not globally in the US, whatever that means is still a clue to me, but fair enough that one is for the xbox one.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I cannot believe Matt Smith is Kyle Connor in the new Terminator. It will be ten times worse than Salvation.

They just keep adding games and features to the best all-in-one entertainment product on the market and the sales will follow

Nem said:
Let me say this: This conclusion is as rushed as the conclusion that gave it a sure sucess 2 days ago.

I say the same. Let us wait for the NPD sales numbers for the US and we will know then.

If we did that then there be no point for this forum. Just wainting untill after the data is out, all you can do is say ok. But its now when the fun for us that have no influence begins. Predictions and our reasons as to why its going to happen the way we want, should, might,is, are the entire reason for this forum.

So I agree with opening and say that it will not beat the ps4 and anything but beat it in npd is consider a faliure in MS eyes, doing better means nothing to them if they dont win.

Im going with the old saying and say that nobody outside of fanboys and the ones who get all consoles will really buy a x1. Even if it sells good this holliday then starting jan it will flatline cuz all the people who where going to buy it anyways will take advantage of that deal.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

LudicrousSpeed said:
I cannot believe Matt Smith is Kyle Connor in the new Terminator. It will be ten times worse than Salvation.

stay on topic please.  i really, really hate using that report button.