By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The ONE's Price Drop Failed. What Else Can MS Do?

This thread has got very strange very fast. Not only that but I echo Starcraft's thoughts that this thread really isn't necessary, and looking at the posts so far...Probably best for everyone if we just lock it and move on; but making such "jokes" about the mod team ain't going to fly anywhere. So just be aware of that.

No permaban this time for you Kitler. Keep looking for it though!

Locking

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Microsofts biggest fault is giving up Europe and especially the UK already which did not recieve the pricedrop and so the PS4 will beast further in Europe and win the holiday worldwide.

I totally agree with you there.  MS will always sell well in America, I'd hardly say the result there is a failure.  Xbox One is selling quite well I'd say, sure it's not PS4 numbers; but the PS4 is more popular than any console ever seen before and has a level of hype surrounding not seen since the early days of the PS2.  

But yeah, MS really dropped the ball with the UK and Europe and they look like they have given up.  When you are talking about a global business like video games, giving up such a huge territory and focusing on just America is a really bad idea.

MS have just let Sony run rampant through out the UK and Europe, and I think there is no way back.  Publishers can already see the difference in game sales that the Uk and Europe make to worldwide make, and that difference is big.  Look at something like 'The Evil within', thanks to the European and UK sales, the PS4 version desimated the XB1 in sales.  Publishers make descions based on Worldwide numbers, and because of this, MS are going to start losing out in the future.

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.