By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it all a crazy brilliant evil strategy from PS

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

What a load of nonsense.

They have been caught on the hop. Simple as that.

I have noticed a lack of ads recently from PS too. This will be becasue the newest ads (certainly in the UK) doubled up on Drive club and Destiny... no doubt they have pulled those ads and are making new ones.

I've seen a lot of ads for the FIFA 15 + Minecraft bundle for £349.99

Sony is the leader by a large margin. I don't think they feel they have to win every region every month.

But yea the lack of GTA/Far Cry bundles in the US at this stage is bizarre. I think they're gonna temporarily lower the price of the regular PS4 to $350 and release Far Cry/GTA bundles for $400 to counter M$ once they see the effect of M$'s price cut

I think that's a reasonable theory. I've been saying for a while now (on another forum) that there's little point in Sony crippling other markets in order to boost demand in America. All they'll want to do is sell what they can make. It's as simple as that.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Don't really think Sony have a strategy, don't think they need one, they will just sell what they make and it'll be great numbers. They can't really compete with MS in terms of price cuts, Sony is losing far too much money atm and if the company is to break up (or downsize, either one is coming) the PS division needs to look desireable not a money sink.

MS can get away with it because they make billions upon billions.

kowenicki said:
RacerXGT said:
kowenicki said:

What a load of nonsense.

I have noticed a lack of ads recently from PS too. This will be becasue the newest ads (certainly in the UK) doubled up on Drive club and Destiny... no doubt they have pulled those ads and are making new ones.

Not saying its 100% right or even 95%

But iv seen such strategy form major corps with my own eyes from inside.  Bundle wise other then Destiny Sony been barren in NA, while Europe has been getting crazy attention from them.  

which major corps? and for which products?

Johnny walker Chivas Hennessy.  

man-bear-pig said:
But yea the lack of GTA/Far Cry bundles in the US at this stage is bizarre. I think they're gonna temporarily lower the price of the regular PS4 to $350 and release Far Cry/GTA bundles for $400 to counter M$ once they see the effect of M$'s price cut

Forget price cut, where are the bundles.

Europe has/is getting DC bundle LBP Farcry GTAV, while US is still on Destiny. 

kowenicki said:

What a load of nonsense.

Talk about an overreaction.  Caught on the hop,  by outselling the competition 3 to 1 all year.. .  Ms is only doing this because they are losing badly.  Sony has a holiday plan,  Ms just jumped early.  All ms is doing is moving sales forward. X1 sales will drop hard. 

Ms plan is short term,  they won't work longterm.  

Sony will have black Fri bundles and they will sell a tonne.  They will be #1 in every territory Come jan2015.

Sony is in the drivers seat here.  Not ms. 

Seece said:
Don't really think Sony have a strategy, don't think they need one, they will just sell what they make and it'll be great numbers. They can't really compete with MS in terms of price cuts, Sony is losing far too much money atm and if the company is to break up (or downsize, either one is coming) the PS division needs to look desireable not a money sink.

MS can get away with it because they make billions upon billions.

I agree with this. 

I think Sony (unlike us here on forums) has no intentions on reacting to competition's moves. They have a set strategy independent of other players, mostly because they don't have much flexibility in the money department :)

I do, however, find it strange that as of today, November 3, they still have no bundle announcements in the US for their marketing exclusive games such as GTA or Far Cry. Even though the US market is less important to Sony than to MS (as a percentage of their total sales), US consumers still deserve to get the deals Europeans are getting...

Sony will most likely depend on retailer specific deals (like Gamestop's trade-in deal) than go all out into a price matching war with XOne. 

It certainly looks like Sony doesn't emphasize winning a monthly NPD comoetition as much as we here think and act...