By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it all a crazy brilliant evil strategy from PS

Scientificreason said:

Agree and what gains ms has now will be lost  in, 2015.. It's a short term fix that won't help in the long term.  Sony is waiting for a price drop to have maximum effect.  Ms had made it hard to ever go back to 399.

I don't see XB1 ever going back to $399. And this price cut just makes them competitive. Which is great for them even if its in the one region. 

I commend MS for fighting this hard, it doesn't surprise me one bit caue earlier this year I had been saying that the 8th gen is going to be another price war between sony and ms. I predicted that by the end of this year we would have at least one of them be $299. Technically none are, but a $350 XB1+game is technically under $299. MS will keep dropping there price, and months after sony will match them. Rinse and repeat. hence my prediction that befall 2015 we will have at least one of them be priced at $249-$299. And by fall 2016 we will have them between $199-$249. 

A price war is the only option MS has to compete with sony. When they take the free game out of the sku, they will probably be annoucing a $299 price point. I expect this to happen around E3 2015. Funny enough, when i said this some heer were saying that the prices wouldn't drop that quickly.

Around the Network

Microsoft needed to do something and they are going all out. Sony don't need to change anything and can stick to their original plan and still sell a ton of consoles. I think Sony just want as much profit out of each console as they can get right now. There is no need for a price cut until the demand starts to fall.

Sony has a 1m lead in the US. This is not going to go away from one holiday. Probably why they're not freaking out as much as forumgoers.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

If Sony answered they would be supply constrained anyway. People are overreacting, Sony will still be leading in the US come 2015.

PS doesn't have to do anything, it's crown and throne are more than solid. Nothing will ever change this generation.

Around the Network

I kind of hope Sony gets smacked by MS this holiday season (in sales) because then that would lead to some good deals/bundles for the PS4 in Canada which I would love.

All they've done in Canada is raised the price by $50 =(

kowenicki said:
RacerXGT said:
kowenicki said:
RacerXGT said:

Johnny walker Chivas Hennesy.  

Then I dont see how that can possibly be remotely comparable. 

You also have no idea of MS profit margins and Sony profit margins by geographical regions on which your entire hypothesis is based.

To intentionally sell less in by far the single biggest market (and most influential) would be stupid.  The future profits from the sales of the consoels are too big to miss.

All of is just stuff we peddle to people, marketing and strategies remain similar enough.  Stupid would be forgeting growing world wide markets for one that is stagnant if not slowly contracting.  

So avoid the US to sell consoles in Poland and Fiji.... genius.

So how exactly are they "avoiding" the US? Lol they're still selling extremely well in the US so its not like they're giving up on it. They still have plenty of time to announce deals and bundles but even if they don't maybe they just don't care if they don't win every NPD and are focusing on the stock in the rest of the world. Heck maybe they just want to see how they can compete with MS deals if they don't do anything. I personally think its way too early to say they're not doing anything, they usually wait til closer to black Friday; but to say they're avoiding the US is ridiculous.

brilliant strategy?
I doubt it.

kowenicki said:
Fusioncode said:
Sony has a 1m lead in the US. This is not going to go away from one holiday. Probably why they're not freaking out as much as forumgoers.

who said it would go away. Why are people reacting like this to threads like seece's and responses here. Nobody is saying that the ONE is suddenly going to run away with the US. People are just observing how the new bundles are being received NOW. This may, most likely will, change.

I'm responding only to the OP and explaining why Sony isn't freaking out right now. I'm not talking about Xbox fans. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

kowenicki said:
Fusioncode said:

who said it would go away. Why are people reacting like this to threads like seece's and responses here. Nobody is saying that the ONE is suddenly going to run away with the US. People are just observing how the new bundles are being received NOW. This may, most likely will, change.

You are the one that said they're avoiding the US...kinda seems like you're fueling these responses as well.