By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it all a crazy brilliant evil strategy from PS

Is Sony willingly letting this happen, the lack of bundles for NA while elsewhere places get em makes me thing they are.  Think about how things have been going all year , PS4 out seliing X1 in its home market has driven MS into tunnel vision where only NA matters.  

They are so desperate for a NA victory that they have in a sense forgotton the world with an exception being the UK.  MS is funneling all this effert into one single market while PS consolidates the world, where the hell are all the PS4 bundles iv seen.  They are all in Europe.  

MS has been going balls out on matching and maybe surpassing PS4 all this year in NA while all this time PS4 has been growing its sales leads in all other markets from once unthinkable 3-1s to now 6-1 and 7-1 rations and they are only getting worse as time goes on.

MS is pissing away the world and Sony seems to be more then happy to let then focus all on NA while they take the world largely unopposed.  What good is outselling PS4 by 100k in NA when PS4 out sales you 4 to one in Europe this holiday ? and even worse ratio elsewhere.  An empty moral victory while the world war of sales is lost.  What in the hell are they thinking.

fyi i think sonys own estiamtes is PS4 will sale out many palces as they struggle to meet demand for the holidays, so logic dictates a cut in NA to match sales for a month would be foolish when you know you will sale those units in other markets at full price.  

Around the Network

No, MS has more money and bigger exclusives this year... Simple as that.

KLXVER said:

Uhuh yet they are losing in every market, simple as that.  

KLXVER said:

This. The only actual good move from Sony for the end of 2014 is the GTA V PS4 bundle in Europe. But that's all. 

On the other hand, there is an Assassin's Creed bundle (with great value), a Sunset Overdrive bundle, a Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare bundle, there'll probably be a Halo MCC bundle, etc...

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

RacerXGT said:
KLXVER said:

Sorry, didnt know this was meant as a Sony circle jerk thread. Nevermind me then...

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

What a load of nonsense.

They have been caught on the hop. Simple as that.

I have noticed a lack of ads recently from PS too. This will be becasue the newest ads (certainly in the UK) doubled up on Drive club and Destiny... no doubt they have pulled those ads and are making new ones.

Not saying its 100% right or even 95%

But iv seen such strategy form major corps with my own eyes from inside.  Bundle wise other then Destiny Sony been barren in NA, while Europe has been getting crazy attention from them.  

kowenicki said:

What a load of nonsense.

They have been caught on the hop. Simple as that.

I have noticed a lack of ads recently from PS too. This will be becasue the newest ads (certainly in the UK) doubled up on Drive club and Destiny... no doubt they have pulled those ads and are making new ones.

IDK they aired the PS4 Destiny add during 3 different NFL games yesterday which was odd considering the Micorsoft/NFL deal.

I think Sony is just waiting till next year. It wouldn't surprise me if they had a tv spot this holiday featuring their 2015 line up.

Sony isn't lowering the price because they don't have to... That's the answer.

KLXVER said:
RacerXGT said:
KLXVER said:

Sorry, didnt know this was meant as a Sony circle jerk thread. Nevermind me then...

Cut it out, both of you.

Edit: Please.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS