By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it all a crazy brilliant evil strategy from PS

RacerXGT said:
man-bear-pig said:
But yea the lack of GTA/Far Cry bundles in the US at this stage is bizarre. I think they're gonna temporarily lower the price of the regular PS4 to $350 and release Far Cry/GTA bundles for $400 to counter M$ once they see the effect of M$'s price cut

Forget price cut, where are the bundles.

Europe has/is getting DC bundle LBP Farcry GTAV, while US is still on Destiny. 

They are coming..... Patience.  Sony usually announces them a week or two before black Friday. 

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Scientificreason said:

kowenicki said:

What a load of nonsense.

They have been caught on the hop. Simple as that.

I have noticed a lack of ads recently from PS too. This will be becasue the newest ads (certainly in the UK) doubled up on Drive club and Destiny... no doubt they have pulled those ads and are making new ones.

Talk about an overreaction.  Caught on the hop,  by outselling the competition 3 to 1 all year.. .  Ms is only doing this because they are losing badly.  Sony has a holiday plan,  Ms just jumped early.  All ms is doing is moving sales forward. X1 sales will drop hard. 

Ms plan is short term,  they won't work longterm.  

Sony will have black Fri bundles and they will sell a tonne.  They will be #1 in every territory Come jan2015.

Sony is in the drivers seat here.  Not ms. 

Then they have been caught on the hop, like I said.

My belief is though that it doesnt matter too much to Sony.   I dont think they need to react. I dont expect them to react.  What you are saying is partially true.  They will sell pretty muc whatever they make anyway.

BUT.... to say this is all some masterplan and they are rubbing their hands gleefully as MS do these price cuts and grab some sales is crazy.

I never said that,  but say they don't have a plan is laughable.  There holiday plan is already laid out  ms jumping early out of desperation is not going to change Sony's plans. 

Seece said:
Don't really think Sony have a strategy, don't think they need one, they will just sell what they make and it'll be great numbers. They can't really compete with MS in terms of price cuts, Sony is losing far too much money atm and if the company is to break up (or downsize, either one is coming) the PS division needs to look desireable not a money sink.

MS can get away with it because they make billions upon billions.

Sony doesn't have a strategy?  That's silly if course they do and it's laid out in advance.  Ms panic is not going to make Sony change its almost perfectly executed plan do far.  

First off... the OP reads like something that would have made more sense if tinfoil hats were being given out first.

That aside, this is Nov 3rd. Why are people acting like there is no time for sony to do anything? I think its too early for most of the threads awe are seeing here in relation to sony doing nothing or being caught with their pants down.

Regardless of that being true or not though, I do believe sony are in a position where they don't have to do anything. I doubt they look at winning every single month the way we look at it. All they probably care about is selling a certain amount of consoles by the time the year runs out.

kowenicki said:
RacerXGT said:

Johnny walker Chivas Hennesy.  

Then I dont see how that can possibly be remotely comparable. 

You also have no idea of MS profit margins and Sony profit margins by geographical regions on which your entire hypothesis is based.

To intentionally sell less in by far the single biggest market (and most influential) would be stupid.  The future profits from the sales of the consoels are too big to miss.

All of is just stuff we peddle to people, marketing and strategies remain similar enough.  Stupid would be forgeting growing world wide markets for one that is stagnant if not slowly contracting.  

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
First off... the OP reads like something that would have made more sense if tinfoil hats were being given out first.

That aside, this is Nov 3rd. Why are people acting like there is no time for sony to do anything? I think its too early for most of the threads awe are seeing here in relation to sony doing nothing or being caught with their pants down.

Regardless of that being true or not though, I do believe sony are in a position where they don't have to do anything. I doubt they look at winning every single month the way we look at it. All they probably care about is selling a certain amount of consoles by the time the year runs out.

Console wars that's why.  The minute xbox wins one month some will be proclaiming an x1 comeback.  It's silly.  A spike after a price cut is normal. 

kowenicki said:
RacerXGT said:
kowenicki said:
RacerXGT said:

You also have no idea of MS profit margins and Sony profit margins by geographical regions on which your entire hypothesis is based.

To intentionally sell less in by far the single biggest market (and most influential) would be stupid.  The future profits from the sales of the consoels are too big to miss.

All of is just stuff we peddle to people, marketing and strategies remain similar enough.  Stupid would be forgeting growing world wide markets for one that is stagnant if not slowly contracting.  

So avoid the US to sell consoles in Poland and Fiji.... genius.

Avoiding the us?   You have some insider knowledge?  It's Nov 3rd lol.  Ms is avoiding everywhere else by your logic. 

Why worry about one region in one short time period when you are slaying globally ( and still as of now on top in said one region)?

Thanks jlmurph!

kowenicki said:
RacerXGT said:
kowenicki said:
RacerXGT said:

So avoid the US to sell consoles in Poland and Fiji.... genius.

Or Germany Spain Italy and yes Poland and Fiji you know 7-1 6-1 sales ones, its arrogant ms like attitude just like that and calling them tier two why Xbox one is dead in many small markets.  All of them small markets that were only worth 78 million sales to the PS2.  Genius is pissing on them like MS has done.  

BreedinBull said:
Why worry about one region in one short time period when you are slaying globally ( and still as of now on top in said one region)?

Agree and what gains ms has now will be lost  in, 2015.. It's a short term fix that won't help in the long term.  Sony is waiting for a price drop to have maximum effect.  Ms had made it hard to ever go back to 399.