By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What are some movies you severely underestimated?

Hmmm...maybe Pacific Rim? Typically I don't pay much attention to movies until after they release, so I don't often get misled. However, Pacific Rim I pretty much tossed aside as a Transformers/Battleship clone until I realized that it was a del Toro movie and it ended up being really good.

A little bit with Godzilla too. I heard a lot of people complaining about how little Godzilla was in the movie, but I found it to be paced really well, and while the characters weren't the most compelling, the movie flowed well enough for me to enjoy it more than I expected.

Around the Network

The Mist
Solaris (Remake)
Outlander
Munich
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Contagion

angel and demons. After the first, i was not sure if the film could have some quality, but is very well done. I also was not caring much about django(not a fan of the director really), but was a great after all.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

curl-6 said:
The Mist
Solaris (Remake)
Outlander
Munich
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Contagion

The Mist ! I thought for a long time it was like "the fog"... I watched it when I was bored and just wanted to see an easy to watch movie. What a surprise !

Too many to name... but Shaun of the Dead definitely comes to mind. As long as we are on Zombie Movies... Zombieland was even more funny, and Warm Bodies exceeded my expectations too (a zombie romance movie? really?).

Looper with Bruce Willis, one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies... I seen it like over 15 times... did not expect to like it so much...

Around the Network

Chronicle. I didn't pay much attention to it for about a year or two after its release, until I finally decided to watch it on Netflix.

Blew me away!

Ultravolt said:

Chronicle. I didn't pay much attention to it for about a year or two after its release, until I finally decided to watch it on Netflix.

Blew me away!

Yeah, Chronicle was good in its own way and it delivered.

Also, I like your gleaming Samus sig.  Sent you friend request :)

Lube Me Up