By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What are some movies you severely underestimated?

I didn't think that much at all about Shaun of the Dead because of the way it looked in the previews.  I thought it was just like those god awful scary movie parody movies.

Watching it the first time I didn't think too much about it either, but here I am several years later and now I think it's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

Yes, Shaun of the Dead was decent.
Doghouse is a very similar flick, and also much better than one could expect.

If you enjoy horror comedies, FIDO is, as well, a much better movie than it appear to be.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Cabin in the Woods
Tucker & Dale Vs Evil
Stir of Echoes
Edge Of Darkness

All just looked like run of the mill movies, offering nothing new, but I found each of them very entertaining, far better than trailers or reviews may have suggested.

By far the biggest surprise for me though was the movie Goon. That looked like an awful, awful comedy with Seann William Scot, but turned out to be quite funny.

Dallinor said:

Cabin in the Woods
Tucker & Dale Vs Evil
Stir of Echoes
Edge Of Darkness

All just looked like run of the mill movies, offering nothing new, but I found each of them very entertaining, far better than trailers or reviews may have suggested.

By far the biggest surprise for me though was the movie Goon. That looked like an awful, awful comedy with Seann William Scot, but turned out to be quite funny.

But Cabin in the Wood was pretty praised everywhere. To be honest, SHAUN OF THE DEAD was also praised.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Dallinor said:

Cabin in the Woods
Tucker & Dale Vs Evil
Stir of Echoes
Edge Of Darkness

At first  before watching i thought cabin in the woods was just another horror alike thousend other movies in that genre but i really was amazed by how the plot evolves in something very unique and i was wowed by it.

Around the Network

recently watched beyond the black rainbow a sci fi thriller and out of nowhere I was amazed.

I watched it a couple of months ago but I was drunk and thought it sucked lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
recently watched beyond the black rainbow a sci fi thriller and out of nowhere I was amazed.

Maybe its the best movie ever when you are sober. :p

kljesta64 said:

Cool title, I will look for it. I saw a decent movie called DYLAN DOG a few weeks ago, very cool also.

I think the main actor was Superman once, he was also in SCOTT PILGRIM...

Immersiveunreality said:
kljesta64 said:

Maybe its the best movie ever when you are sober. :p

I was sober the second time watching

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

WagnerPaiva said:
kljesta64 said:

Cool title, I will look for it. 

its not for everyone only hardcore sci fi fans but if you are one of them then I recommend it.

Tsubasa Ozora