By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What are some movies you severely underestimated?

kljesta64 said:
WagnerPaiva said:
kljesta64 said:
recently watched beyond the black rainbow a sci fi thriller and out of nowhere I was amazed.

I watched it a couple of months ago but I was drunk and thought it sucked lol

Cool title, I will look for it. 

its not for everyone only hardcore sci fi fans but if you are one of them then I recommend it.

I think I enjoy the genre, my favorite film in this style is DISTRICT 9.

I love this movie!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Elevator Trap

I was bored and looking for something different when I stumbled over this.  I thought it was going to be just another goofy comedy and I was ready to pull the plug and try something else at a moment's notice.  However, it ended up being a very witty and clever dark comedy--and I do mean dark.  There were twists and turns all over the place and my expectations and assumptions were dashed quickly.  Often, you know where a movie is going in the first 15 minutes but this film made me feel foolish for thinking I had it figured out.

WagnerPaiva said:
kljesta64 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Cool title, I will look for it. 

its not for everyone only hardcore sci fi fans but if you are one of them then I recommend it.

I think I enjoy the genre, my favorite film in this style is DISTRICT 9.

when I said hardcore I meant sci fi from the 70s and 80s really slow paced thrillers...district 9 is great but its still for a mainstream audience in a way its not even the same genre except for the sci fi part.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

pokoko said:

Elevator Trap

I was bored and looking for something different when I stumbled over this.  I thought it was going to be just another goofy comedy and I was ready to pull the plug and try something else at a moment's notice.  However, it ended up being a very witty and clever dark comedy--and I do mean dark.  There were twists and turns all over the place and my expectations and assumptions were dashed quickly.  Often, you know where a movie is going in the first 15 minutes but this film made me feel foolish for thinking I had it figured out.

I was just checking out your movie on IMDB and by accident I found a movie I was looking for years..I just wanna say thank you

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Sunshine. Brilliant movie. Go watch it right now if you have the time.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
Chronicle. At first glance it seemed like just another shallow super hero movie but that's not how it turned out to be.

Not going to lie, I started watching it just because I loved the powers. But it turned out to be way deeper.

I had to see this movie after my brother saw it. It was brilliant!

This other one was just badass. And I kept ignoring it and ignoring it for years.

Mr_No said:

I had to see this movie after my brother saw it. It was brilliant!

This other one was just badass. And I kept ignoring it and ignoring it for years.

Two of my favorite movies.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

hhhmmm that's tough...Wait! Recently, The Expendables 3. I went in expecting...well...an awful movie, worth seeing just for the crappy refrences and explosions, but it was actually pretty good.

I had forgotten that Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas were real actors and there inclusion really made the movie for me.

Also! Cloud Atlas was really good! It's a tough movie to follow at times but it's just a really well done film. and on the flip side, did not enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy. It just felt like a few dozen jokes wrapped up just to be put in a movie. Oh, and the ending was just awful.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Edge of tomorrow. Watched it on a whim and came out very pleased.